cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party customization: item category TAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am customizing third party process. I copied item category TAS and schedule line category CT. Ideally this item category is relevant for order related billing. I changed it to delivery related billing so that I can combine this item with other items(TAN,TAK) into one invoice during billing. At PGI for item with item category TAS, a new document called confirmation of service appears in the document flow. Where does this document come from? When I click on it, a message appears that no document exists, why is that so? How do I set the number range for this document and where do I locate it since it is not in the sales document types in SPRO?

Thank you in advance and looking forward to your answers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Benjamin

Why you take CT instead of CS here--can you please brief us.

Normally this second letter "T" used for No-Inventory management.

(In third party Inventories cannot be--made you to think like)

But Please compare AT/BT/CT Vs CS--you will get the underlying problem of field which are compulsary in Third party processing..(like order type,Account assignment category)

Hope this helps.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Phanikumar,

I chose schedule line CT, because the material is a service. Therefore no goods movement involved, that is, no goods issue and no inventory management.  What I wanted to achieve is statistical PGI

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can Do virtual MIGO,in third party by changing the account assignment category to U-Unknown in VOV6.

later you need to activate Goods receipt indicator for this:

IMG→MM→Purchasing→Account assignment→Maintain account assignment categories.

Interested to know without an order type assigned in VOV6,

how you are communicating with your vendor on this specific requirement from Customer.

Hope this helps.

Phanikumar

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear please check this note

i am not sure it will helpful

SAP Note 21589 - Document flow: Service confirmation for delivery | SAP OSS Notes

OSS Note 1127224

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venu,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately the OSS notes you provided focus on inbound delivery but  my process focuses on outbound delivery.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at the following note:-

• Note 578766 - Several 'Confirmation of Service' entries for doc flow disp

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

in you schedule lines, if you don't enter movement type and Item relevant for Delivery. then confirmation of Service will appear

check your schedule line for the line item which you can see confirmation of service

compare with standard TAN, you will come to know the changes

thanks

santosh