Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable "Security Configuration Dialog" tab in SAP GUI Security Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

The "Security Configuration Dialog" tab is disabled in SAP GUI Options-> Security Settings. Please let me know how to enable the same to edit the security settings? Are there any files missed during installation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor

Hi Anjali,

Normally the button is greyed out like this if the Security Module Status is set to Disabled.  Generally you can see this status immediately above the button, and yet it doesn't show up in your screenshot, so either you have an older release of SAPGUI than I do, or your administrator has centrally configured your security settings via registry parameters.

This is what it looks like on my system:

You might take a look in your registry at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node (if you are on 64-bit)\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server.  See if you have a subkey there called Security.  If this is a default installation, the subkey may not exist, but it could have been created to customize your distribution.  If so, there might be a value within it called SecurityLevel which predefines your security settings.

Which SAPGUI release and patch level are you using?

Regards,

Matt

3 REPLIES 3

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor

Hi Anjali,

Normally the button is greyed out like this if the Security Module Status is set to Disabled.  Generally you can see this status immediately above the button, and yet it doesn't show up in your screenshot, so either you have an older release of SAPGUI than I do, or your administrator has centrally configured your security settings via registry parameters.

This is what it looks like on my system:

You might take a look in your registry at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node (if you are on 64-bit)\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server.  See if you have a subkey there called Security.  If this is a default installation, the subkey may not exist, but it could have been created to customize your distribution.  If so, there might be a value within it called SecurityLevel which predefines your security settings.

Which SAPGUI release and patch level are you using?

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Yes correct. I just found the same and adjusted the Security Level as 1 and the issue is now solved

Thanks for your help!!

Regards,

Anjali

0 Kudos

You're welcome!