cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel Release PM order. (convert REL to CRTD).

former_member331108
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Guru.

I don't know how to cancel 'Release(REL)' status of PM order.

Is it possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

SAP Standard process will not allow to revert the status to CRTD from REL as it is having its own business importance.

If it allows for the reversal to CRTD status already existing PR or reservations can not be drawn.

In case PR already converted to PO, it will create accounting problem.

Hence it is not suggested to revoke system status from REL to CRTD.

Hope it is clear for you.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am talking about User Status as alternative to Created System status.

In created status, please tell me which Business transaction are not allowed for Created System status.

Goods movement, Printing, Confirmation option, etc.

Go to OIBS transaction & set the Business transaction.

These Business transaction you just need to forbid for "Created" User status.

There are way to tackle the problems & we are genius to make way. may I right Mr. Rao?

Regards

Santosh

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The author of the thread is the ultimate authority to accept/approve your solution Mr.Yadav

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Even If you created the user status parallel to System Status it wont allow to do the business transaction as per your requirement as System Status Is come first then User Status.So System Status is Governing factor for the Business transactions.

Br

Rakesh

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Santosh,

I reckon this is a good workaround for , quotes, "unreleasing" a PM Order, although you can't ever go back from the system status SS REL to SS CRTD. As Rakesh Mane pointed out, you can't supersede the business transaction restrictions imposed by the system status, but you can apply some additional ones, such as your prohibition of printing and goods movements with status REL.

The distiction between the system and user status is important.

One observation that I have, is that you would need to consider the naming of the statuses. If you have a SS REL and US REL, and you do a search on "Status Exclusive" or "Status Inclusive" this may lead to incorrect results if the two do not match on an Order (SS CRTD/US REL or SS REL/US CRTD). Consider whether the namings should be made unambigous.

I also expect that you would Set the "Released" user status automatically with the "Release" business transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Sebastine,

You need to set US CRTD as initial status & then set US REL status automatically using trigger event SS REL.

We need to manually set US CRTD if needed the subsequent US REL status change would be manual.This will be also very rare event.

I think we should never play around with System status, Business transaction authorization control. User status is safe bet.

Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have attached test cycle doc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not Cancel Release Status.You can set LKD (LOCK) status for order if you do not want to use it for now.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jong,

When we create new order by using iw31 t code the initial status is CRTD,

Once we release the maintenance order the status is changed to REL and when we complete the activates in task list  and do the TECO. We can revert back the TECO by cancelling the operation confirmation  but we can't cancel the REL status and go back to CRTD.

Mai i know the exact scenario where u r having this requirement.

Thanks,

Sunil Boya

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

it is not possible cancel 'Release(REL)' status of PM order.

Br

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create User status CRTD & REL. Assign the Business transaction relevant to System status to these User status. Assign this Status profile to Order type.

Then you can revert the status functionality using User status.

Regards

Santosh

baiju_kumar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

have you really worked or tested cancelling the REL status of order?

I wonder if you can post the test cycle screenshot.

But I am sure,it is not possible.

Regards,

Baiju

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Santosh Pandurang Yadav,

I agree with BAIJU KUMAR and RAKESH.

It will be better if you post screenshots of same Order first with REL status and then CRTD status, after converting back.

KJogeswaraRao