cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Web Client (ChaRM) - Approval Procedure Greyed out (Security)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am testing my ZMCR (Change Request) Process in CRM Web Client UI and the Approval Procedure field is greyed out:

I have added SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW to the user and this resolves the issues...so it's definitely security related.

Here is my Approval config:

And here is ZAPPROVE in Status Management config:

What authorizations do I need to add to a role for this to show properly? And do I need to add "Auth Codes" in status management above? (last screenshot). I also tested using IT000003 (instead of ZAPPROVE) which is standard....also doesn't show either.

I am also having similiar issues with the Project field (in my first screenshot) which is also greyed out.

I have gone through the Solman 7.1 Security Guide (500+ pages) but it doesn't mention much about this.

Thanks
Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SHaun

You'll want to look into CRM authorization, check this blog for example:

Authorization can be a pain in the a** in SolMan that's a fact.

You can definitely find answers to your question by searching around, for example ,

Try following search terms in Google for example:

CHARM project field disabled authorization

CHARM approval authorization

Best regards

Tom

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Tom,

Unfortunately none of those links are relevant.

For the Project field, my configuration looks spot on. I have tripled checked in "Adjust UI objects by User Status" and its correct.

It's definitely an authorization issue...as soon as I add SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW the Project field appears.

Same with Approval Procedure...my Approver role has CRM_APPRVL auth object (which will allow them to approve)...but the field is grayed out so cannot select Approval Procedure. Again, SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW resolve this.

I've been googling for 2 days now and can't find anything

Anyone have anymore thoughts?

Thanks
Shaun

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok I have sort out the Project field

I had to include authorization object SM_FIELD and then assign ZMCR. Not sure why none of the ChaRM roles have this by default grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Now I need to sort out the Approval field...I'm sure it will be some other auth object not included in any roles. Suggestions?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok I think I have the Approval one sorted.

You need CRM_APPRVL (create, change, display).

I thought this was only needed by the approver...hmmmm.

I've given this to the Requestor...I'm hoping this doesn't allow them to approve though. Will have to test.

Cheers

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see there's another auth value for approval...APPRV (or something like that).

Completely resolved now

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Shaun.

Please check, whether the Approval Determination Procedure is assigned to the transaction.

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is