Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main item and Hierarchy level items in SAP EWM

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

We use ERP SAP AFS and EWM 9.1

ERP sales order 20000 - 5PCS ( Different grid values chosen and delivery is distrubuted to EWM)

Outbound delivery order contains main item and corresponding SKU displayed with Grid values like Color, Cup and Size. (Hierarchy Level)

20000-0001A30

20000-0001A32

20000-0001C34

20000-0001B36

20000-0001D38

We create Warehouse tasks for SKU items ( Items 60,70,80,90,100) for picking.

I need to process VAS activites for this.

Price labeling and putting on plastic bag for all SKU's ( 2 VAS activity).

I have maintained packaging specification and tried to process it.

But here I get an error in VAS order. Because WR Qty from ODO to VAS order is not copied. It is getting deleted at the time of VAS order creation.

Then I tried to maintain the packaging specification for item 20000 (main item) and process the VAS order. Here VAS order got created and WR Qty also displayed.

But Picking Warehouse tasks are created for SKU items not for main items. In this case I am not able to process it also.

Packaging specification for main item or SKU item I should consider? If it is for SKU , need to have lot of master data. Is there any link i can make maintaining packspec for main item and process the warehouse tasks for SKU.

Which way i have to go now?

Any suggestion please

Please ask me if you need more inputs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

AmitHundekari
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jobi,

have you tried using the Packspec Badis to change the result of the Packspecs ?

In  the Badi /SCWM/IF_EX_PS_DET_EVALUATE you can pass on the packspec from the product 20000 to the SKUs . Then it will be reflected in all processes where ever you are using packspecs.

Regards,

Amit

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

This is the BADI you have mentioned?

/SCWM/EX_PS_DET_EVALUATING

we do not have any enhancement in this badi.

Regards,

Jobi

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would think for the VAS orders you would need the packaging specification for the individual items. That means of course more data, but probably you can work with a reference material here.

That the quantity gets deleted is strange, would have to try that. On the other hand - does it matter?

Brgds

Juergen

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for the reply.

Once the quantity gets deleted I am not able to process the VAS process. I get error like this

Best regards

Jobi

0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

I agree to Juergen, you'll need individual pack specs per subitem in order to process VAS on this level. Did you think of using batches and depending characteristics for the grid values? This is how EWM for Fashion works. Then you could define only VAS pack spec for multiple grid values.

Best regards,

Christian

Remark: did you consider EWM for Fashion for your implementation?

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

We do not use batches in EWM.

EWM for fashion was not available when we started development. We had to go for enhancements to achieve the many requirements. We use EWM9.1.

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

How about VAS order processing for component items? Is hierarchy level there?    

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

But on this picture it seems that you have no VAS order at all. Otherwise there should be something in the lower left frame.

brgdds

Juergen

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Juergen,

That was the wrong attachment.

Still i get the error.

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,