cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon Error Message when opening application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All dear Gurus,

In the Portfolios-> item-> relationships-> object Type(DMS), we have added an object and it is appearing. But when we click on the open of the application , I am getting Logon error message.

What I should to to solve it.

Please see the attachments

Regards,

Namsheed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anuradha_majumdar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

Have you defined the Web server alias correctly and is it same as that in Define object link type?

Is this working for other object types?

Regards,

Anuradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually i am doing first time DMS setting ,We haven't defined Web server alias. so could you please let me know which server i have to define as a web server alias, DMS or SAP application Server?

I have defined object link type (DMS) and I can link document number in Portfolio Item. But I cannot open that document from my portfolio items.

Regards,

Namsheed.

anuradha_majumdar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

I guess logical port and logical system are already setup as you are able to link to document.

You have to setup Web server alias for the DMS server.

Take help from your Basis consultant.

Regards,

Anuradha

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

The option of 'Open' in object link is provided to open directly the DIR from the PPM application. This can be achieved through ITS activation and configuring ITS in the DMS object link.

You need to carryout following steps-

1) Activate ITS services in SICF

SICF path - /default_host/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

2) Configure Web server alias

SPRO path -->SAP PPM-->Portfolio Mgmt-->Base System Interfaces-->Application object setings-->Define Web server alias

Press F1 in 'Cproject_OF' for details of configuration in SAP help (Take help of your basis team).

2) Configure Web server for accessing SAP transactions

SPRO path -->SAP PPM-->Portfolio Mgmt-->Base System Interfaces-->Application object setings-->Define object link types

a) Define the destination for the object link (NONE if DMS is in same instance)

b) Define Web server you configured in the previous step.

c) Configure 'Service for an object type'

Here you need to activate CV03n & CV02n and then define web server again here. You can activate EASYDMS if required..

By following above steps, you will be able to view the DIR from the PPM application itself and also remember that when you try to open ITS, it will ask for the user id and password again.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Thank you so much for providing such a detailed explanation.

My basis team want to know which server he have to define as a web server alias.??

DMS or SAP application Server?

If you could give answer to this, then the issue is solved.

Thanks a lot Ravi,

Namsheed.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

Is PPM & DMS in the same instance?

If both are in separate instance, then you need to configure ITS of DMS in web server.

Regards,
Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Basis team told that both are separate instance. Also there is no R/3 with DMS.

Our Basis team is confused with Web Server as well.

Can you please give me a screenshot what exactly we will fill in web server and what basis team has to do.?

Regards,

Namsheed

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

What do you mean by this...

Also there is no R/3 with DMS.

DMS is part of SAP business suite..

To understand better, please share your system landscape.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

The response I got from BASIS Team,

DMS is stand-alone database. And our Production server which on HANA database is connected with DMS to store document only.

Regards,

Namsheed.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. That means that DMS is in ECC 6.0 where SAP DMS originals(Attachments) are stored in external content server. That's ok, since external content server is not a problem.

In that case, I am assuming that PPM is installed as ERP addon on ECC 6.0 EHPxx system.

If above is the scenario, then you need just following all the steps provided earlier and configure ITS of the same ECC system.

Try & let us know.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

we got the system alias name from Gateway->OData Channel->Configuration->Connection Settings->SAP Netweaver Gateway to SAP System->Manage System Aliases.

And in Define webserver alias, we have maintained like this.

In define Object link type, in DMS

And as you told, in service for object type, we have maintained the web server.

I have already activated the service : SICF path - /default_host/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

After all this configuration I checked in NWBC, but still I am getting error like this.

Correct me where I am wrong.

Regards,

Namsheed.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

Just configure your DMS - ITS link in the web server. Sample shown below.

http ://xxxxxxxxxx,xxx:port/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

You can get this link by running the SICF service - webgui

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

I got the link which u told by running the SICF Service. But where is this DMS ITS link in web server.

Can u pls provide the path for that to configure..! Sorry for asking silly qtns if it is...,

Regards,

Namsheed.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

It's nothing but the DMS ITS link where DMS is running.

You can confirm that by running the ITS service node in SICF and access the DIR(using cv04n) which you have linked to portfolio item. If you are able to access the DIR, then that link can be used as webserver.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have gone to cv04n. In DIR, i can see like this

Whaat I understood was I need to maintain the url http ://xxxxxxxxxx,xxx:port/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui  some where here,

Can you please give me a screenshot where I should maintain that.

The SICF link is active & I am able to test that service successfully.

Can you reply to my mail id if you don't mind. namsheedks@gmail.com

I really got stucked with this for past 1 week

Regards,

Namsheed

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

As per SCN rules of engagement, you are not supposed to share your mail id in the post. Please take care of it.

Coming back to the query..

Just configure the ITS link in the 'Define webserver alias' and assign the web server alias for object link type.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

I will not repeat that(sharing of mail id).

Regarding my issue,

When I open the application from object links by clicking on CV03N for the first time, it asked to run 1 application & a new page opened. I selected the document & click on PDF link.

It loaded for a long time & didn't opened.

I tried once again. Now that page is not showing, instead showing "Get an environment variable".

What is the issue now.?

Regards,

Namsheed

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

When you clicked on the 'Open' link in object links, did it ask for client, user id & password? And also in that link address, do you find DIR object keys?

If possible, share some screenshots.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

No, its not asking client,user & password.

Please see the attachments.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

Configuration wise it is OK. Can you confirm whether the DIR details are available in the link address(link when clicked on cv03n/cv02n..)

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

When I click on cv03n/cv02n, DIR Details are not available., Its just opening a new screen like this. No login screen also.

Regards,

Namsheed

Answers (0)