Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Connection refused when connecting SMP 3 to ASE 16

Hi all,

We're in the process of setting up an installation of SMP 3.0 with Sybase ASE 16 for one of our clients. The final goal is to run the SAP EHS Safety Issue mobile app.

When installing SMP 3.0 with Derby database, I'm able to start the system without any problems. However, when I try the installation configuring the Sybase ASE DB, the service gets stuck on a loop while starting up and doesn't react. I cannot stop it manually nor restart it. The only way to stop it is by restarting the system.

On the Sybase side of things, I can install the ASE without any issues. I have also done all the preliminary steps to create the user and smp3 DB for SMP. I've connected to the DB using this user and I'm able to see that the smp3 DB is created.

When looking at the logs, I can see an exception with the message: Connection refused. Here's an excerpt:

2014 07 28 15:01:10#0-500#ERROR#org.jgroups.protocols.SMP_JDBC_PING##anonymous#Timer-2,SAPDSMP-5000-smp3-smpserver:com.sap.mobile.platform.server.online.admin.backendconnections.cluster.ClusterBackends,SAPDSMP-4630###Failed creating JDBC connection for SMP_JDBC_PING java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SybConnection.getAllExceptions(Unknown Source)

at com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SybConnection.handleSQLE(Unknown Source)

at com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SybConnection.tryLogin(Unknown Source)

at com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SybConnection.handleHAFailover(Unknown Source)

Any idea what may be causing this issue?

Kind regards,

Omar

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

For anyone interested, I found the issue.

For the "Connection refused" issue, it was a mistake on one of my configuration files. I had left the DBNAME without filling out.

For the not initialized bundles issue:

It was the DBMAINTAIN script. You have to run this script AFTER you install the SMP server. If you run it before installing SMP, you'll get this error.

I haven't executed the DBMAINTAIN script since it's optional (you only need to execute it if you want to support Mobiliser apps). So, maybe there's a bug?

Anyways, good luck!

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question