cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Stack Installation For CRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have installed the CRM 7.0 ABAP stack, but now we need the JAVA stack also on high priority basis

In NetWeaver Installation master I find JAVA Add-In for ABAP option, in that 3 options are there

1. Central Instance

2. Distributed System

3. High Availability System

My Queries are

1. Is it recommended by SAP if I choose one of the above option in my case?

2. If Yes, then which option is it most appropriate in my case?

3. Let just say if I choose 1st options Central Instance Then is it mandatory for me to complete all the inside process like Central Service Instance (SCS)

in JAVA Add-In, Database Instance in JAVA Add-In, Central Instance Java Add-In as per it's order in installation master?

4. May I keep the all the Services in Activate stage and System in Online Stage befor choosing any above option?

5. Do I need to install separate Host Name system, install Java Stack on it & connect both the systems via RFC?

I know the process just a bit, but I am not 100% sure on it.

Before taking any step I want to confirm this with all the Experts, so kindly give your valuable suggestions on it.

Thanks A Lot in advance

Anirudha Phadke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anirudh,

CRM 7.0 runs on the concept of ABAP Dynpros.

The CRM systems are extensively used in a landscape.

Please mention this to your client that her should not expect any support from SAP in case any mishaps.

I wonder if the old versions will let you install a kernel that will support CRM 7.0

Also, is there a constraint from Client side or it is a wild thought.

To be honest for a CRM system the sizing looks odd.

For a CRM system to hold 2 TB data it will require to serve quite a number of end users which will no less that more than few millions.

You need to increase the Size of your RAM and can go with MCOD installation just in case there are some DB licenses issues.

Rishabh

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

As suggested by Divyanshu dual stacks are no longer supported.

All you need to do is install a standalone J2EE stack with different SID and connect it to the ABAP stack.

If the server where the ABAP is running has sufficient resources then you can install the Java stack there, else you can install the J2EE on a new machine.

You can use the ABAP system as the UME for the J2EE system.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please explain me littlebit in detail about your following

[**If the server where the ABAP is running has sufficient resources then you can install the Java stack there, **]

About ''sufficient resources'' can you please explain in detail so it's beneficial for me to take right decision

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Anirudha Phadke

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anirudha

If you planning to install the J2EE system on the same machine where ABAP is running then you need to make sure that the server has sufficient CPU and memory to accommodate the Java system.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

I will give you idea about the H / W on which ABAP Stack already installed,

Intel i7 (3rd Generation)

8 GB RAM

2 TB Hard Drive (In which almost 1 TB free)

Do I give you some more brief configuration information about the Server H / W?

Is this configuration enough to install JAVA stack on it?

If you have some other solution for the same then kindly let me know.

Kindly let me know any information you want with the same issue besides from this.

Thanks Alot In Advance.

Regards,

Anirudha Phadke

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anirudha

Find out how much memory is used by the ABAP stack and the database.

With 8 GB of memory I doubt whether you can accommodate a J2EE stack on that server.

Regards

RB

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anirudha,

1. Is it recommended by SAP if I choose one of the above option in my case?

SAP will never say to go for a dual-stack. It's better you upgrade your CRM.

2. - all

Don't go ahead.

Why ?

Just refer; 1770592 - Java-Addin and AS ABAP+Java installation options are not available in SWPM-tool or in nsta...

For all optional dual-stack systems, (Release; like ERP 6.0 EHP5, CRM 7.0, etc.)  you can only install AS ABAP and AS Java with two different SAP System ID (SID) and configure AS ABAP as backend for AS Java.

Even if you install using the above three options, you will get into trouble in future with support and updates.

So, a better option is to install a separate JAVA stack with correct usage type and make ABAP as it's backend.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I already recommend your mention solution to Client but they want JAVA stack or Add-In in the same ABAP stack server.

Also told then exactly what you mention in your comment that problem in future about upgrade and support.

But still they don't listen. They don't want to go for the different different stack servers.

That's why I am in fix, what to do in this situation?

Can you please help me in this situation? Do you have any solution for this case?

Regards,

Anirudha Phadke

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Doing something that SAP won't recommend is not a wise decision.

Raise a message with SAP and your client will have a reply.

Otherwise, download old version of sapinst and java media, install add-in java.

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

I know doing something which SAP recommends wasn't wise decision.

But the Client is so regid. He wouldn't try to understand the problem.

Already downloaded Old SAPINST & JAVA Add-In Media but still I feel it is not wise decision, it wouldn't help.

Thanks for you reply.

Anirudha Phadke

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you still want to install this, then use all 3 options in given order.

Database instance,

SCS

CI

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

Ok. I will follow the mention order if I get no option but to install on the same stack.

Thank a lot for your valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Anirudha Phadke

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anirudha,

This is a logical sequence that I would follow.

However, whenever I am dubious like in such situation, I always check with SAP 1st.

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

Definitely. I will contact SAP 1st before start doing anything.

Thanks Alot.

Regards,

Anirudha Phadke