cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a different transaction to change values of the main transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I am working on Work Manager 6.0 customising using Agentry 6.1.3 and am using the windows .NET client for testing. I have this edit transaction which has on it the update step. On this transaction I have a couple of properties, whose values I would like to set using different edit transactions, using different buttons, each button with a different action, which calls a different transaction. Is what I am trying to do possible? I have implemented this as below, but when I click on the first button, it does not respond:

Above: This is the main edit transaction, whose property values I would like to edit using the following edit transaction of the same object type:

In this second transaction I have set initial property values, and am expecting these to be updated onto the main transaction, for example, for the COMPL_IO field, I have implemented it as follows:

On the main transaction property, I have specified that the values of these properties in context are coming from a different property, which is the different transaction, please see below:

In my action I have put the second transaction first, followed by an apply and then the main transaction followed by another apply, but when I click on this button, nothing seems to be populated/changed on the main transaction properties, its as if the second InspectionOrderStart transaction is not being recognised.

Please advise as to how I would go about updating the values of one transaction's properties using another transaction, am I on the right track or I'm missing something?

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sizo,

Use the built in transaction merging that you will see on the first tab of edit transactions.  Leave your main transaction as it is with the update step.  This transaction needs to execute first and be applied so the others have something to merge into.  For the properties that will be set later by the other transactions, just leave the default value for initial value.  You can set a value if you want, but don't point to another transaction's property like you attempted.  On the secondary transaction triggered by the button, set the merge when to "merge with any transaction", and set the merge with to "similar transactions".  Make sure that all the properties in the second transaction already exist in the main transaction and all point to the same object properties.  If you have extra properties or they point to some other object property then the merge will fail.  In this transaction, set the property values however you want.  DO NOT add an update rule to this transaction.  This data will merge into the first transaction and be handled by the update step there.  You can repeat the process for the other buttons.  Test the merges using the ATE (Agentry Test Environment) and transaction inspector to verify that one transaction is being created, and is being merged into properly.  You could add update steps to the secondary and subsequent button transactions if there will ever be a situation where the first main transaction does not exist.  If this is the case and there is nothing to merge into, then the secondary update step will run instead.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Answers (0)