cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long time to import SCA into DEV System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have done a system upgrade from NWDI 7.1 to NWDI 7.4.

Now i am having a problem when import SCA in DEV system. This process run forever...

The log is:

20140729101501 Info :Starting Step CBS-make at 2014-07-29 10:15:01.0294 -3:00

20140729101501 Info :wait until CBS queue of buildspace DN1_TRAF2P_D is completely processed, before starting the import

20140729101501 Info :waiting for CBS queue activity

20140729101533 Info :build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms

20140729101603 Info :build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms

20140729101633 Info :build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms

20140729101704 Info :build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms

20140729101734 Info :build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms

20140729101804 Info :build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms

20140729101834 Info :build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms

20140729101904 Info :build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms

20140729101934 Info :build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms

20140729113122 Info :build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms

20140729113152 Info :build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms

20140729113152 Fatal :build processing for buildspace: DN1_TRAF2P_D is not enabled, cannot continue without NWDI administrator action

20140729113152 Info :Step CBS-make ended with result 'fatal error' ,stopping execution at 2014-07-29 11:31:52.0295 -3:00

I have found a lot of threads here, but no one help me.

The parameter idleStart is configured to false.

I try to keep BUILD_TOOL_JDK_HOME and JDK_HOME_PATHS as default, and try to set to java 6.

The build variant in CMS was configured too.

After the changes i restated the CBS service and try to import again in DEV system. But nothing happens.

If i import just one or all the components, it get a long time and catch the error showed above.

I have restarted the server a lot of time too.

Can someone have any idea how to fiz it?

Best Regards

Marcos Brandão

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Marcos,

"20140729113152 Fatal :build processing for buildspace: DN1_TRAF2P_D is not enabled, cannot continue without NWDI administrator action"

Are you sure the processing for this buildspace is not switched off ?

Have a look at this:

(NWDI)(CBS)Q0010 - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SCN Wiki

Most likely the first check in your case will be positive (idleStart = false) so you can press "Yes" for the first question (but of course double check idleStart), and I am rather interested whether at the next question the build space processing is ON.

I don't think at this point the problem is related to other -- e.g. jdk related -- cbs service settings because then you'd have different errors, but of course if the build space processing was off, you switched on, then you can face other cbs service setting related issues, but let's talk about those once you run into them.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for your reply.

Follow the throubleshooting guide:

- double checked idleStart: yes, it set as false

- Request proceesing is ON in buildspace

- In this place when i try to import some SCA in DEV system, the input change from ON to PRIVILEGED. There is 89 Dirty DCs, 10 Broken DCs and 37 Queued request.

I think the broken and dirty DCs is because i could not imported yet the required SCA in DEV system.

So, here is what i change:

- The user on Domain Data in CMS has problem to acess the dtr workspace. We have corrected. Now the user is OK.

- Found two name-server registered on SLD. This was corrected too. Now we have just one name-server valid.

No more to do. The problem persist. When try to import just one SCA(sap.com_CAF-MF) it run "forever" with the same original message "Info :build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms".

Regards

Marcos

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

changing the domain user might have consequences, please take a look at the note:

#896427 - NWDI Admin User/Password update

What I suggest in short is this:

1. restart the server

2. once the server is up and running, re-save the track in question in cms webui

3. restore system state on dev and cons tabs of cms webui

4. trigger first re-import of SCs on dev tab (import SCs one by one, and do not care of broken DCs until everything is imported).

When I mean one by one I mean that you select an SC on developent tab of the cms webui, press Import, wait what happens to it, and if it failed, let me know. If not, then select the next SC for import.

5. wait until it finishes (depending on the size of your development it can be hours, even up to 4 hours).

If you still got long import and broken DCs, then let me know, this case also take a look at the

1. Import logs which is usually at /usr/sap/JTrans/CMS/log/*

Notice, this can be different in your case, check the location of the transport folder under the CMS WebUI (/devinf – Landscape Configurator – Domain Data Tab)

2. the latest defaultTrace you find at

-...\j2ee\cluster\server<n>\log\defaultTrace.<n>.trc

I also send you another guide for Broken DCs, here you go:

(NWDI)(CBS) the CBS-make log and-or CBS Web UI report broken DCs - Technology Troubleshooting Guide ...

Regards,
Ervin

Message was edited by: Ervin Szolke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for your reply.

Finally we have done.

The problem of this tracks was the request processing on CBS.

In CBS there were some request processing, and after restart the server, those process continue running.

The import process in CMS was waiting for finish the request processing in CBS.

To solve it, we deleted the buildspace where the request was running and recreated by re-saved the Track.

Now the tracks in CBS are OK. No broken and no dirty.

Best Regards

Marcos Brandão

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

good news, I am glad if I could help.

For the sake of completeness and in case others would run into the same issue, I assume what you did was "buildspace reset" you can read about more at

(NWDI)(CBS) How to &amp;quot;reset&amp;quot; CBS buildspaces - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SC...

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (0)