cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which version of Lumira required to create Geographical Hierarchies for UK locations

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Everyone,

I'm trying to create a scenario on Lumira which involves creating Geographical Hierarchies. 

I’ve looked at information online which has left me wondering if I don’t have the best version of Lumira - as I understand Lumira comes with a prebuilt repository of locations – however the version I've downloaded doesn't seem to show any UK locations – only US.

Can someone advise how I can access the repository of non USA locations in Lumira please?

Under Help -> About it shows I have:

Version:  1.17.2

Build: 1101

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Caroline

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Caroline,

when using "names detection" for geographic locations (i.e. Cities) then the in-built Navteq llibraries are used.   Such cities will only exist in the database IF the population is over 100 000 inhabitants.

as illustrated here:

for example, Sutton Coldfield is included, whereas Canterbury isn't.  (it's a close call! I checked Wikipedia)

it gives me something like this:

There is also an ERSI map option, which has great looking 'layers'

In such situations you could then use Latitude Longitude data to enrich your dataset, and get very granular coordinates.  Here showing all the postcodes in UK :

regards,

H

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caroline,

In case your question is still relevant, then have a look:

This post is about a new geomap extension without any limitation on geodata that can be used and great geovisualization.

Hope it help.

Best regards,

Sébastien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thank you very much for your great feedback! 

I've now got some locations on my map .

I'm also in the process of signing up for a trial of the ERSI tool too.

Thanks again,

Caroline

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it depends on what level you want to go to - I have the same Lumira build and it does more than just US (sadly US hasn't won World Cup, I guess) - see image below: