cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you deal with the ORACLE partitioning EHP7-IDES Installation?

higgic
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am going to install the ERP EHP7-IDES on ORA 11g/WIN2012R2.

In the "Import ABAP" I get the error

ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Partitioning

Because the license for Oracle is very expensive, we do not want to use the partitioning for the IDES system.

Is there a way to bypass it?

Greetings

Heike Cordes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Since the EHP7 is based on Netweaver 7.4 Oracle Partitioning could be a mandatory functionality. May be not. You can try to disable this feature after installation, though.

higgic
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have found a solution and my IDES EHP7 has been installed.

I have removed  the statements for the partitioning in the script DFACT.SQL for about 25 tables. Only in one of these tables were data imported!

PARTITION BY RANGE ("KEY_CPFP_R01P")

(

PARTITION "/B364/FCPFP_R010" VALUES LESS THAN

(0)  
TABLESPACE "&DFACT&"

);

CREATE   ----->>> BITMAP

INDEX
            "/B364/FCPFP_R01~02" ON "/B364/FCPFP_R01"

("KEY_CPFP_R01T")

LOCAL  ------>>> delete

INITRANS 002

TABLESPACE &DFACT&

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Heike Cordes,

I am afraid the above will not be a structural solution and I suppose following the below will help us resolve the issue.

1.     Re-Install Oracle as Enterprise Edition which enables partitioning. (or)

2.     Follow sap note - 370819

PFB link for your reference.

https://community.oracle.com/thread/977087

Note 370819 - ORA-439: Feature not enabled: Partitioning - Sap NOTE Sap-ConsAlt.Ru

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Baranedharan S.

0 Kudos

Have you installed Oracle RDBMS using script in SAP folder?

Please check this note. It's about the license and support of Oracle features: 740897 - Info about the Oracle license scope; Required Oracle options

If you have a legal installation, dont worry about IDES licensing. For more detail open a mesage to SAP.

Regards,

Mauricio

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

This does not sound normal. At first because partitioning is not used by default on ECC system and not at all during installation. The other strange point is that partitioning option is by default available with the Oracle version delivered by SAP.

Did you use the Oracle media provided by SAP ?

Regards

higgic
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, we use the SAP ORA Media, but we don't have the License from SAP but from ORACLE.

That's the reason why we have a problem with the expenxive license.

At the IDES seems BI active.

Regards

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you did get the media from SAP and have the regular SAP ASFU license it does cover partitioning (740897 - Info about the Oracle license scope; Required Oracle options)

I did not knew that BI was active in IDES, are you sure ?

The BW component is always included but I don't think that the BI Content (that brings partitioning) is installed.

If you did not deactivate partitioning option with chopt you should not get that error when creating a partition.

Regards

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that you're true and that BI content is included...  and you are not the 1st one getting that error...

Are you sure you did select enterprise option when performing Oracle installation as it is required for SAP installation (where ever you get license from) ?

Regards