cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing SAP HANA table via Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I just tried to access a table in HANA via SAP Lumira. Unfortunately I´m just able to access Analytic Views and Calc Views with SYSTEM user per default. Which rights are necessary to grant to the user to get access. It worked with PA on another client before.

Regards, Christoph.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the Help docu suggests (page 27)http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/vi01/en/lum_117_user_en.pdf

With SAP Lumira you can create charts on data available as:

• Analytic views
  • Calculation views

Yes, I believe the PA jdbc HANA 'reader/writer' component has different capabilities.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works fine with PA. Thats why I think its a security topic regarding roles in HANA. It would be weird if its not working with Lumira, because PA is Lumira based, isnt it!?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I understand your position, but based on the evidence presented the PA guide explicitly mentions HANA Tables, whereas Lumira guide doesn't. 

It's also been logged as an enhancement request (see ideas place url above) by an SAP colleague.

regards,

H

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Are you using the "online" or the "offline" access to SAP HANA?

Thanks

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge table access in SAP Lumira is only possible via free-hand SQL. For "online" see Enable Table Connection In Lumira HANA On-Line Mode : View Idea.

Antoine