cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response from Oracle DB for SAP PI request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I am new to Oracle Database (11g) and working in an integration project with SAP PI system. The scenario is to send response of a SAP request.

Oracle database stores all the vendor information hosted on separate host.SAP requires information of vendor through a request and Oracle database has to send the response.I have confirmed the schema s of the request and response of SAP and seems no issue with that.

Now the issue is with the generation of the response from Oracle database.Help is required from experts on the following so that I can follow

up with DB administrator.

Note : The ping connection from SAP to Database is working with the user as DBA given proper authorization to the user to fetch the values

from the view.SAP is using select query with single value of Customer Id as primary key in every request.

1.Where to check the traces/logs in the Database for the request coming from SAP?

2.Which parameter would exactly tell the reason for the slow response for the response generation from Oracle?

3.Do we have to maintain any parameters for the request/response scenario in database?

4.Any further valuable input would be appreciated.

Regards

Rebecca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

So you are trying to get data from table(s) in an external Oracle DB.

I suppose you are doing this using a specific Abap program ?

You should create an connection in DBCO to target the external DB  (808505 - Secondary connections to Oracle database).

1) you could get some trace on remote DB in the listener log (depending on trace level)

2) no simple answer there, it depends on the query complexity, the network bandwidth, the volume of returned data ...

3) as this should be done through open sql command (I'm not an abap expert, I'm not sure you can issue Abap standard select on an external DB)  in an abap program there is nothing to maintain at DB level on source or target

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

Yes I am working in SAP PI 7.31 which is SAP middle ware system.

Yes I have maintained connection settings and all the working fine as tested from OS level of SAP PI system and other functionality provided. No issues in this. We have developed ABAP programs in ECC to send the request via SAP PI. For all this, I have maintained proper configuration in SAP ECC and SAP PI. SAP PI being the front system or the 1st system to interact with database.

1) you could get some trace on remote DB in the listener log (depending on trace level)

Yes .. this is a good input where I can ask Oracle DB admin to check the listener log when the SAP PI system fires Select query.

2) no simple answer there, are you issuing a simple or complex query, what is the volume of returned data ?

The size of the data would be hardly 90 KB.

My last questions :

1. DO i have to check whether the connection from Database and SAP PI and vice versa is working.

2. Do database has to maintain some parameter at their end for any response they have to send back to requesting system.

Regards

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1) if there are no firewalls in between the two systems and your able to open the connection once it should always work (except if remote DB and/or listener is/are down)

2) the connection to the Oracle DB is not a server to server connection, PI is just communicating as a DB client.

I do not think any specific parameters are required, especially with such a low volume of transferred data.

562403 - FAQ: Oracle Net

Regards

Answers (0)