cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Lumira Connection to Protected App Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Report in lumira on top of a universe, requires connection to BI application server (CMS Name, User ID & Password).

But in our production server we have siteminder integration and business users are not allowed to connect to application server directly, in this case can we use URL instead of CMS name OR is it possible to connect to application server without port opening to use Lumira ?

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankit Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

according to the help guide http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/vi01/en/lum_117_user_en.pdf

section 5.9.1 Connecting to a universe datasource

->  Enter the name or IP address of the server hosting your Central Management Server (CMS).

I feel this would be a very strong topic for consideration and future inclusion. Please could you submit your enhancement to the Lumira Ideas Place?    (over here: SAP Lumira: Home )

I seem to remember someone asking for the ability to connect to an @Clustername  but can't find it alas..

regards,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks H,

I've gone through user guide but it's not helpful as IP of production server can't be disclosed to business users according to our security guidelines.

I've submitted enhancement request on idea place "SAP Lumira Connection to Protected App Server : View Idea".

Regards,

Ankit