cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate EWM and inbound process with transportation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert:

There are some reference document about integrate EWM with outbound process with transportation.

I need integrate ECC6(no ehp) inboud process with transportation(shippment doc. VT01N & shippment cost doc. VI01) and EWM 7.01.

Have any document?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Kewei,

there is solution manager content existig. Are you able to open the following link?

Warehouse Inbound Processing with Transp. Integration

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use shipment cost document to book frieght cost.

In commen scenario, we combin several inbound delivery note into one shipping document. If all delivery is ready we complete shipping document(if shipping cost document is ok), then we post GR of delivery.

When we post goods receipt for inbound delivery , the shipment cost will distribute to material cost.

But as EWM logic, the IDN post GR not take into account the status of shipment cost document and shipment document. If we use default solution of integrate EWM and ERP, we can not post frieght cost to material cost when GR.

It's a big issue.

If any suggestion?

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

but in standard the ERP inbound delivery also does not take into account the status of the shipment cost document or the shipment document either, doesn't it? So you can alway post GR, whatever you have done with the shipment document or not.

So actually I think with the EWM integration you even have a stronger possibility to control the GR posting, that is by sending the IDOC from ERP to EWM for the creation of the TU only once the billing document for the shipment document is created.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's a complex scenario.

Yes, with ERP, the GR of inbound DN is not prevented by shipment status or shipment cost status.

In our ERP, inbound delivery and shipment document are sent to warehouse as warehouse task. Warehouse operate at inbound delivery level and commit work at shipment document level.

But, as EWM operation not includ shipment info. We have to find some solution to contral the GR of inbound delivery.

Is there any integrating setting for transfer shipment document or shipment cost document?

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Is there any integrating setting for transfer shipment document or shipment cost document?"

well, did you read the SolMan Content Christian has refered you to? Then you can see that there is an integration possible.

And with little effort it should be possible to "release" an inbound delivery in EWM only once the freight cost document has been created. And only then the GR posting is possible.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I‘ll find some useful settings in that document.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Christian:

How can I find or get those document?
I means  find in which sub-forum or sub-site?
I dont find the logic of document's location.
Sorry for my pool English.
Brgds
Pascal

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

this document is on the service marketplace. In the EWM section on help.sap.com you find a direct link to it (under how-to guides): http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_HIER_KEY=701100035871000439550&_FRAME=CONTAINER

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Answers (0)