Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Grid

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a bespoke intrastat process which copies all relevant data to a z-table. I

now need to mimic an intrastat print with this table. I do not have pre-printed paper

to work off so have to re-create it in Smartforms. Only way I can think of doing it is

creating a background image of the intrastat form and then print the values over it,

in the correct locations.

Q:

1. is there a better way, bearing in mind that we have 18 rows on the old pre-printed

stationary (which we cannot use anymore) so I still need to see the 18 rows, even

if there are no entries in some of them?

2. When I print the details from the <b>Main window</b> it overwrites the graphic with

white space. If I use a <b>secondary window</b> the text does not insert white space so it

looks like the entries are within the cells. <i>Can I have a Main window that does not

block out the background graphic?</i>

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

in Page, right click>create>Graphic by this u can display the graphic on the backgroung of the page and allign this as per u r requirement.

u can print the text in the main window, i am sure that this graphic will not be replaced by the white space.

Please Close this thread.. when u r problem is solved. Reward all Helpful answers

Regards

Naresh Reddy K

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I must be doing something wrong so as I've tried both using the Background Picture tab at the page level and inserting a Graphic at for it at page level but it still overwrites it with white space.

I just inserted a graphic into the MAIN window and now the white space does not appear. Not exactly what I wanted but it will do. I'll leave this open for the rest of the day as I would like to know if it is possible to have a MAIN window not overwrite a background image with white space. I will close it tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if u r using the TABLE node to print the data.. then clarify these

1. r u using an shadiong for this table line in TABELE-->DATA tab color should be black and saturaion 0%. then it will be fine.

can u please tell wht exactly u r looking for, wht more u need to know?

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Naresh,

I am using the table mode but for testing purposes I took it out and just tried to print a straight-forward text in the Main window. The entire size of the Main window can be seen as white.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if u insert the Graphic under the main window then u will face the problem,

but if <b>insert the graphic under the PAGEnode</b> <b>not under the MAIN window</b>.

i am sure it works, i have done the same.. it is fine...

Please Close this thread.. when u r problem is solved. Reward all Helpful answers

Regards

Naresh Reddy K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kroc

I defined the Page with a background image within the tabs for the Page.

Then I defined the Main window to cover the whole page. With print preview I could display the text within the Main window with the picture as background.

I can mail you the one I was playing around with the other day if you pass me your email id.

Regards

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ravi.

I have updated my profile to display my email address. The users have done a complete u-turn and want an ALV report instead of a smartform now so the pressure is off. But I would still like to see what you did as it was frustrating trying to get the thing to work.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Without a sample I would suggest doing it all in smartforms.

BTW I did not have any issues defining a background image for the page as well as displaying text in the MAIN window. The picture shows even though the MAIN windown overlaps it.