SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPY1 - making payment on account

ankit_munshi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to make a payment on a collective parent account in FPY1 run (direct debit method). Now we tried to change the net amount field of entry in table t_610 in event  610 , however, I see there is a validation which doesnt allow me to make a payment greater than the amount open on the account . Also, if I try to skip the validation in debug , i get yet another error message saying document is inconsistent as the payment amount cannt be distributed among open items.

If I try to make payment less than the open items- it is working fine ..

Basically the requirement is to change the payment amount in FPY1 run to an amount greater than the open amount .

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

AM

4 REPLIES 4

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You cannot create an outgoing payment for an amount greater than the credit available. You could post an additional credit prior to the execution of FPY1 and be able to pay out against that item.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks Bill.

So you are saying there is no way we can post a payment with amount greater than the open items on an account through FPY1 (considering FP05 doesn't have any such check and simply posts whatever amount you enter through it). 

0 Kudos

Yes.  FPY1 is based on existing open items.  FP05 is not related - and is used for incoming payments only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

I think William is right.FPY1 is based on existing open items only.But if you got queries you can revert back here.

Thanks & Regards,

SMG.