cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman Upgrade: impacts on TAO 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I'm planing to upgrade solution manager from 7.0 to 7.1 sp11. Currently I have SAP TAO 2.0 SP7 (ST-TAO 200) and HP QC adapter version 1.0 (ST-QCA 100)  installed in my SAP SM 7.0. I would know if I will have any impact on these 2 components after the upgrade. In particular I sow that in SM 7.1 the new SAP TAO version has been included in the SAP TST addon. My question is, can I still use the add-ons ST-TAO 200 and ST-QCA 100 in my SM 7.1 SP 11?

Thanks in advance for the support.

BR

gio'

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

They are compatible with 7.1.

Refer PAM and 1653162 - SAP TAO 2.0. Release Information SP07

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

the sap note you indicated doesn't contains specific information about the compatibility of SAP TAO 2.0 with SM 7.1. Nevertheless I think that the information reported in the PAM are sufficient to state that SAP TAO 2.0 is compatible with SM 7.1.

Please let me know if you have any further documentation about this topic.

BR

g.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The note is about release information which is your 1st step for TAO update

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

francois_keen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gio'

As Divyanshu pointed, ST-TAO 2.0 is compatible with 7.1

Also  ST-QCA 100 doesn't change.

I first personally upgraded from 7.01 SP25  to 7.1 SP07 last year and decided to do the TAO upgrade from 2.0.4 to 3.0 SP02 a few weeks after the solman upgrade as the solman upgrade is quite an exercise on its own.

Just one note in regards to the QC adapter, if you're on solman 7.0, after the upgrade to 7,1, you will have to update the message ID protocol with the option “Suppress ID transfer".

Also in regards to QC, I was just using the requirements and test results transfers [I wasn't using defect management integration so I cant tell you if extra work would be required for this 2nd area of the QC integration]

Cheers

Francois