Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry 7 and SMP 3.0: Already logged in elsewhere

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've seen similar threads with this error but for other versions and different reasons.

In my case, the SMP 3.0 crashed for some unknown reason, after that I restarted the service and even the SMP cockpit was showing 0 users connected, when trying to connect with the Agentry client it says "Already logged in Elsewhere". After that I tried to restart the full Windows server but I'm still getting this error.

In previous versions I could use the AgentryCmd.exe to kick users that were not really logged in, but in SMP 3.0 I don't know what can I do to solve that.

Can you help me please?

Thank you.

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please restart the server .Clear the test environment, remove all files/folders except the .exe, *.dll and *.sst  from the folder  and perform a sync

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi,

I'm not using the test environment but a real device, and I cleared all the application data already.

Anyway I tried to delete absolutely everything from the folder where SMP 3.0 creates the Agentry application, even I think it's not necessary because after every restart the server redeploys everything.

After that I'm still facing the issue.

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcal,

Please specify the platform of the device .Not sure but can you restart the device once and try to sync.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's Android, but it's not the device, I tried from a virtual device too and it's giving me the same error. The problem is in the server.

I also tried deleting the Agentry application from SMP 3.0 and creating it again and it is not working yet.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Marcal,

You are correct that the problem is in the server.  The user is actually tracked in the SMP database and is stuck there.  I don't know how to fix it, but I have heard others complain about this problem.  People have hacked the derby database SMP uses to correct this as a temporary measure when it occurs.  The next SMP patch should permanently fix this.

Maybe someone else here knows the steps to remove the user entry from the database?

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason,

Following your tip I found this wiki explaining how to connect to the SMP 3.0 Derby database. http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMOB/Access+SMP+3.0+tables+on+the+Default+database+shipped+wi...

I downloaded the DbVisualizer client and successfully connected to the database.

It has many tables but it was easy to identify the one called AGENTRY_CLUSTER_USER_AUDIT that contains the field informing if a user/application is already logged on.

I executed the following SQL command to manually log out my user and it worked

UPDATE AGENTRY_CLUSTER_USER_AUDIT

SET IS_LOGGED_ON = 0

WHERE USER_ID = 'xxxxx'

AND APP_ID = 'SAPWorkMgr6.1_JVA'

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Marcal,

Great news!  Thanks for posting the solution.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If required, you may also look at this blog.

Rgrds,

JK