cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone please explain the meaning of the message: "Installation location cannot be changed for equipment category I"

I am getting this message when opening equipment in edit mode and clicking on the icon for "Change InstLoc".

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

I guess you are trying to change the functional location of the installed equipement. But to change the location of the equipment you need to first dismantle the equipment from the installed functional location and then you can change it by installing it different location.

Regards,

AnUrAg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Thanks for the reply. I am actually trying to update the superordinate equipment number on an installed equipment. Till now, it was not being used and appears as a greyed out field. I tried finding any configuration settings to activate the field but found none.

I also noticed that when I create an equipment not of category IS-U, it allows me to enter functional location and superordinate equipment number, but not for IS-U equipment.

Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Check with the T-code OIAD & OIAF , the field can be changed/select for the functional location as per equipment category.

Please check the setting of the both equipment category like for IS-U and non IS-U
and there field selection.

It may help to find the solution.

Regards,

AnUrAg.