Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of Variable Transport Binding(Receiver SOAP adapter) in multimapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Mentioned below is the flow of the scenario that I am facing issues with:

ECC -> PI (A) -> PI (B) - Receivers(1,2,3..n)

I am working on PI(A).

An Idoc containing multiple Plants is triggered which is mapped to an XML in PI(A).

Depending on the number of Plants in the Idocs, that many XMLs are created in PI(A) using multimapping.

These XMLs are then sent to PI(B) which would route it to different receivers.

But PI(A) should send the party name to PI(B) for routing.

For this I am using dynamic configuration. If there are 'N' party names based on 'N' plants, always the last part name is being sent to PI(B).

Is it possible to send all the party names associated with each XML(/plant) without overriding?

As mentioned in the below table, an Idoc is triggered with 3 Plants. 3 XMLs are generated each for a different party. But only the last party i.e. C is being sent to PI(B) using dynamic configuration overriding A and B.

PlantParty NameOutput
1A
2B
3CC

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

The behavior is correct. When using dynamic config with multi-mapping, it only uses the last one. For the file adapter, a workaround is to use variable substitution. In your case, you should use an interface determination split (via xpaths) and configure the same operation mapping per plant. This would also mean that you need to remove the multi-mapping part in message mapping.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response.

"you should use an interface determination split (via xpaths) and configure the same operation mapping per plant"

This is not possible in my scenario. I posted a very simplified form of the issue that I am facing. The actual requirement does not allow me to go for the interface determination split.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

DC is not supported in multimapping.

But, where exactly u want to send the party name? In the xml file u want that party name to be there?

If yes, then there are 2 options either use AM as shown below or u can use variable substitution (search SDN u will find quite a few blogs/wiki on the same)

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your response.

"But, where exactly u want to send the party name? In the xml file u want that party name to be there?"

Not in the xml file but as SOAP Header information

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My mistake, i overlooked ur subject...

Having said so, i think u can still refer the module which i have mentioned above and set the soap header for each message dynamically (set namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/SOAP

and key value properly).

Thanks

Amit Srivastava