cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using PI 7.3. This is a file to IDoc Scenario. I am getting the following error message:

Details: com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException; An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x12) was found in the element content of the document.

I have already checked in the source payload that no "#" value is present there. This is a huge file. How to check for which field value this error is occuring?

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Moumita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks to all of you for your response.

The issue is resolved now. It is actually a data issue. One special character was present in the source file and PI system was unable to convert it.

Thanks & Regards,

Moumita

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moumita,

Please have a look in SM59 for the RFC connection and check if the unicode has been ticked?

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus,

I am using PI 7.3. It's only java stack. So there is no option for sm59.

From log viewer I am getting the below message:

com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x12) was found in the element content of the document.
at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.Transformer.checkParserException(Transformer.java:193)
at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.Transformer.start(Transformer.java:177)
at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.AMappingProgram.transform(AMappingProgram.java:645)
at com.sap.aii.ib.server.mapping.execution.JavaMapping.executeStep(JavaMapping.java:92)

Please advise how to find out the error.

Thanks & Regards,

Moumita

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.mapping.execution.Mapping.execute(Mapping.java:60)
at com.sap.aii.ib.server.mapping.execution.MappingHandler.map(MappingHandler.java:87)
at com.sap.aii.ib.server.mapping.execution.MappingHandler.map(MappingHandler.java:71)
at com.sap.aii.ibrun.sbeans.mapping.MappingAccessBean.executeMappingSteps(MappingAccessBean.java:238)
at com.sap.aii.ibrun.sbeans.mapping.MappingAccessBean.executeMapping(MappingAccessBean.java:178)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor581.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.RequestInvocationContext.proceedFinal(RequestInvocationContext.java:47)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:166)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_StatesTransition.invoke(Interceptors_StatesTransition.java:19)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:179)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Resource.invoke(Interceptors_Resource.java:50)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:179)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Transaction.doWorkWithAttribute(Interceptors_Transaction.java:37)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Transaction.invoke(Interceptors_Transaction.java:21)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_MethodRetry.invoke(Interceptors_MethodRetry.java:46)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:191)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_StatelessInstanceGetter.invoke(Interceptors_StatelessInstanceGetter.java:23)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_SecurityCheck.invoke(Interceptors_SecurityCheck.java:25)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_ExceptionTracer.invoke(Interceptors_ExceptionTracer.java:17)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.DefaultInvocationChainsManager.startChain(DefaultInvocationChainsManager.java:138)
at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.DefaultEJBProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(DefaultEJBProxyInvocationHandler.java:164)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy678.executeMapping(Unknown Source)
at com.sap.aii.adapter.xi.mapping.MappingService.executeMapping(MappingService.java:279)
at com.sap.aii.adapter.xi.ms.XIEventHandler$MAPProcessingBlock.process(XIEventHandler.java:1385)
at com.sap.engine.messaging.impl.spi.stage.ProcessorImpl.proceedToProcessingBlock(ProcessorImpl.java:98)
at com.sap.engine.messaging.impl.spi.stage.ProcessorImpl.processMessage(ProcessorImpl.java:69)
at com.sap.aii.adapter.xi.ms.processor.ScenarioConfigurableProcessor.processMessage(ScenarioConfigurableProcessor.java:52)
at com.sap.aii.adapter.xi.ms.XIEventHandler.onTransmit(XIEventHandler.java:455)
at com.sap.engine.messaging.impl.core.queue.consumer.SendConsumer.processMessage(SendConsumer.java:320)
at com.sap.engine.messaging.impl.core.queue.consumer.SendConsumer.onMessage(SendConsumer.java:103)
at com.sap.engine.messaging.impl.core.queue.Queue.run(Queue.java:1017)
at com.sap.engine.messaging.runtime.MSWorkWrapper.run(MSWorkWrapper.java:58)
at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:185)
at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:302)
Caused by: com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x12) was found in the element content of the document.
at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.rt.xparser.MTSaxHandler.run(MTSaxHandler.java:277)
at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.rt.xparser.XParser.run(XParser.java:112)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x12) was found in the element content of the document.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:195)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:174)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:388)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(XMLScanner.java:1427)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2895)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:647)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:140)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:511)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:817)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:119)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1205)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:522)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:395)
at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.rt.xparser.MTSaxHandler.run(MTSaxHandler.java:273)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jannus told about single stack only I guess, he means to look in the SM59 of ECC system to see if UNicode is ticked/checked

for more information-

Please correct me Jannus if I am wrong

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikash,

In ECC, I can see that Unicode is not checked.

Thanks & Regards,

Moumita

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

in single stack IDOC configurations you must check Unicode while creating the TCP/IP connection to single stack system. Please tick/check it and see if it works?

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-34155

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

You are correct . But was also saying that for if he had a Dual stack.

Dont think ticking that Unicode will help much seeing that it is into the system and that connections to ECC is created under Destination in the java stack.

@ Moumita, what is the size of the file?

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jannus,

The file size is 171 KB.

Please help how to find out the cause of this failure.

Thanks & Regards,

Moumita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikas,

I can see that file can pass through PI system using this existing configuration.

Not sure, problem may be with this source payload. But not able to find out the cause of this failure.

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Moumita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moumita,

Ok if it is only 171 KB then it is a small file.

First Step - Take the Source Payload and paste it into your Message Mapping.

Run it and see if it gives an error.

Regards,

Jannus BOtha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saha,

Check the error in SXI_MONITOR transaction. Perhaps some column/columns data type in mapping are not matching with output result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus,

I already did the same. But the source message node is not being generated. It is showing same error message.

An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x12) was found in the element content of the document.

Thanks & Regards,

Moumita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using PI 7.3. It's only java stack. How to run sxmb)moni?

I have already provided the log viewer log details.

Thanks & Regards,

Moumita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide all .xsd files so that I can check it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moumita,

Ok so the problem is on the File Adapter. Guess that you are using content conversion.

Can you please provide us with screenshots of the Sender File Adapter Configuration.

And the structure of the file please.

Regards,

Jannus Botha