cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable UAR workflow: GenerateReq > LineMgr > RoleOwner > IT > End

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Per the discovery, I am face a problem that we would like to enable UAR workflow such as below shown:

Generate Request > Line Mgr Review > Role Owner > IT Adm Review > End;

The current issue is we could only setup a single stage(LineMgr or RoleOwner) during workflow, we cannot includes both LineMgr and RoleOwner into one workflow. because it is limited by UAR workflow standard settings.

If we choose review access by Role, then we could only include Role Owner into workflow;

If we choose review access by Mgr, then we could only include Manager into workflow;

I appreciate if anyone could share the info and let me know how to include both Line Mgr & Role Owner into one workflow; thanks a lot

Current setting shown below

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AndrzejP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Peng Yin,

as mentioned about it is not possible to combine...however maybe you could perform those two reviews separately? (first by line manager -> change parameter -> review by role owners)

Best regards, Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

I personally would not generate a manager review and then a role owner review. It will make the manager review performed pointless.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peng Yin,

UAR requests can only be grouped and  by either the Manager, or the Role Owner, not both. SAP have designed the solution in this way.

However, what I would suggest is that in your case, have the UAR review performed by the Line Manager, then if a Role is to be removed, do not remove it automatically from the user, but make the UAR review generate a Access Request to be sent to the Role Owner to review (i.e. they decide if the user should have the role removed from their account).

That is probably the only feasible way of ensuring decisions are looked at by both Line Manager and Role Owner.

Happy to hear others suggestions on this forum also.