SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross docking functionality in SAP F&R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to know how the cross docking functionality is handled in SAP F&R.

Whether I should give RP type 11 in store level and RP type 01/02 in DC level for these cross docking products?

Whether anyone has done the dynamic allocation functionality for cross docking products in which there should be an option to send the latest Order proposal values to ECC from SAP F&R so that STO s can be done with those new OP values?

Regards,

Resmi Raj.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

as far as I know it is sufficient to have RP 11 on store level and a particular distribution profile on DC level. We are using FT.

Br,

Eduard

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

as far as I know it is sufficient to have RP 11 on store level and a particular distribution profile on DC level. We are using FT.

Br,

Eduard

0 Kudos

Hi Eduard,

Sorry for the late reply!!!

And Thanks a lot  for your immediate response...

As per your explanation  what i understood is we should maintain RP Type 11 in store level.

Can you please let me know what should be the RP type in DC level. We are planning to use aggregate store sales for DC forecasting. Kindly let me know how the OP values will be generated for DC with cross docking functionality in SAP F&R.

Regards,

Resmi Raj.

0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to maitain this:

1) RP type 11 on store level

2) FT distribution profile on DC level

then RP on DC level in FnR automatically is set to 01. We also using other thant FT distribution profile for cross docking and then we set RP to 01 manually in ERP.

We aren't using ASS for DC forecasting so I can't halp you with a second question.

Regards,

Eduard

0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for your reply. I have the similar scenario

Herein, we have kept relationship as mentioned below

Article: 100050

Store: FRS4

DC: FRD4

Vendor - TESTVEND1

For Vendor -> DC, we have maintained the distribution profile as FTM (Cross docking) and the RP type for article as 01

For DC -> Store, we have maintained RP type as 11

Now when we have updated the consumption data for both DC & store for the article at DC / store. We ran FRP for both DC (FRD4) and store (FRS4). The order proposal was getting created correctly for store, while no order proposal was created for DC as per the RP type.

Now, how is it being classified as a Cross docking scenario as we expect that the OP (STO's), once their inbound delivery is created, then they should be cumulated in ECC and generated a collective PO for Cross docking. Is that correct. Also, can you please let know the exact process to be followed for the same.

thanks

Best Regards

Prashant