cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SAP installation (disp+work.EXE doesn´t start)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m doing a SAP installation (SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7) on a SAP Hana DB (version SPS8).

The SAP Hana DB (platform edition) is installed on a Suse Linux (SLES) 11 SP03 and I´m doing the installation of the above SAP ERP system in a Windows Server 2008 (R2).

At this moment I'm facing an error during the SAP system installation at phase "Check DDIC password". The SWPM show the following message:

Unable to open RFC connection to SAP System ED1.
SOLUTION: Start the system.

When I try to start the system the disp+work.EXE doesn´t start, and this is in fact the main problem here!

I checked the dev_disp and dev_w0 files and I found the following errors:

A  *** ERROR => AppServerTimeSync:
  LargeTimeDiff DB<->Appl.Server: -7200 sec. [zdate.c      1694]
A  {root-id=00155D7819101EE4859BB88DD2FB92E1}_{conn-id=00000000000000000000000000000000}_0
A  *** ERROR => AppServerTimeSync, LargeTimeDiff DBTime - AppServerTime:
  AppServer time in internal format : 1406390346
  AppServer in local time : 2014/07/26 17:59:06 W. Europe Daylight Time
  DBServer time in internal format : 1406383146
  DBServer time in local time (db_time) : 20140726155906
  Timezone of AppServer : UTC-3600 sec (TZ not set) _tzname: | W. Europe Standard Time | W. Europe Daylight Time |  [zdate.c      1739]
M  ThGetTransactionId: got trans id (SPA) >C4DD14E4976EF1DDB2E100155D781910< (32)

A  Source                                          Line 0.
A  Error Code ZDATE_LARGE_TIME_DIFF.
A  Module  $Id: //bas/741_REL/src/krn/abap/runt/zdate.c#3 $ SAP.
A  Function LargeTimeDiff Line 1762.
A  ** RABAX: level LEV_RX_STDERR completed.

I believe this is related with some problems between the time set in both servers (Linux and Windows hosts).

Both servers have the same hour/time but the time unit is different in both servers, in the Windows host the time is set with UTC+1 and in Linux host the time is set with CEST!

I tried to change the hour in linux host but I don´t see in the list of zoneinfo at /usr/share/zoneinfo the UTC+1 option! I only see the option UTC, which is not the same hour that is set in Windows host!

So I need to set the same time unit on both servers... it´s possible to set UTC+1 in linux host?

How can I correct this issue?! Can you help me please? Any tips regarding this type of problem?

Kind regards,

samid raif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I have more details about this problem... I think I already know the cause of this error.

I said in my first message that both servers have the same hour! That´s true but I figured out that the time of SAP Hana database is wrong, is different and this is in fact, I guess, the main problem here!

The database hour have two hours less compared to the operation system time, as you can see in the following images:

- Linux and Windows hosts time/hour:

- Hana database time/hour:

As you can see they have two hours difference!

I searched for a solution and I found this sap note 1932132 (SAP HANA : Large time difference between application server and HANA database) the part "1. HANA Database Revision 69 or above" but unfortunately I don´t have any results! It didn´t solve anything!

Can you help me please. How can I solve this problem? Can you help me please?!!

Thank you,

samid raif

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

The normal way is to set your timezone. There are a bunch of files stored by region in the following directory:

usr/share/zoneinfo

Take a look and find the one which matches your region. Then you have to create a symlink from /etc/localtime:

For eg:

rm /etc/localtime

ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/London /etc/localtime

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak KOri

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello samid raif,

I already faced a similar error...

I solved in way:

1º) As you know, the SAP Hana DB is running with <sid_hana>adm user in Linux operation system;

2º) Check the <sid_hana>adm profiles (> cd ~) and the environment variable TZ and put the simbol # (for comment - disable the environment variables) in the following lines in .sapenv.sh and .sapenv.csh files:

# setenv TZ UTC

# export TZ=UTC

3º) Restart the Hana DB and check again the Hana DB hour with the following query in SAP Hana Studio:

SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP “current timestamp” FROM DUMMY

4º) Retry the SAP installation!

BR,

João Dimas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks every one for this posting.  it was helpful in my case and i wish i had found this quickly than spending few hours locating this correct posting. 

Answers (0)