cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SQL Anywhere Licensing with BOBJ

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Do we require additional license for inbuild Sybase SQL Anywhere DB if we already have BOBJ license, I have checked below link but no info regarding the Sybase with BOBJ.

http://www.sybase.in/detail?id=1056242

Also checked the below notes-

1686864 - Licence key for Sybase products-

Comments about the scope of functions

Customers that have acquired an SAP Business Objects package with an integrated Sybase license can request a Sybase license key using both a Business Objects installation and a Sybase installation. Please use the procedure described above.

Do we have to check with SAP Account Manager if we require additional license for Sybase or how we have purchased the BOBJ license.

We already have Microsoft SQL server and BOBJ license but wanted to use Sybase SQL anywhere.

Pawan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonHinsperger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Pawan,

You are able to use the version of SQL Anywhere that is included with BOBJ with BOBJ without any extra license purchase. 

You would only need to purchase extra licenses if you wanted to use SQL Anywhere features not included with the BOBJ version of SQL Anywhere (eg. high availability) or if you wanted to use SQL Anywhere with an application that was not BOBJ.

I think what the document you are referring to is trying to say is that to retrieve an install key for the SQL Anywhere edition included with BOBJ, you can use the process they have defined.

hth,

--Jason

0 Kudos

Thanks Jason,

That's what my confusion was, so with BOBJ we can use SQL Anywhere so we don't need to setup the connection between BOBJ and external DB, Can you also list some other advantages of SQL anywhere DB if we are using it with BOBJ instead of SQL/Oracle.

Saurabh

Answers (0)