cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to remove Firefighter ID Owner

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to update the Firefighter (FF) ID Owner and receive the message "Firefither ID is already assigned to firefighter".  There is already a second owner in place and I have confirmed that there are no current/active assignments of this ID out to any users.  We are still on GRC 10 sp13 but upgrading to SP15 this weekend.  How do I go about removing this FF ID Owner who is no longer responsible for this duty?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have looked at other postings about this same issue.  One states to "expire" the FF ID assignments.  But I do not have this choice.  Only to delete.  I need to confirm that if I delete this assignment history I do not delete the historical transaction information for the Consolidated Log Report.  Can someone help me to confirm this?

Arif1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

Owner is already assigned in FF id so you can not delete directly. you have to follow as below

Remove Firefighter ID from NWBC >Setup >Superuser Assignemtn >Firefighter IDs

Then Try.

Regards,

Arif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Arif.  I have been trying these steps without success, but seem to have finally got it right.  And have confirmed that these deletions do not affect the reporting from the Consolidated Log Report.

ganesh_srini
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arif

Even I am facing the same problem.

Can you confirm if "Remove Firefighter ID from NWBC >Setup >Superuser Assignemtn >Firefighter IDs" will not have any other implications/side effects in log report?

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

If you do not want to remove the entry of FF ID assignment. You can also change the owner of the Firefighter ID assignment as below

NWBC >Setup >Superuser Assignment >Firefighter IDs.. Open and change the owner. (You can change it to new owner or alternate owner of FF ID).

Now you can remove the FF ID owner from NWBC >Setup >Superuser Assignment > Owner

Regards,

Nihal Shetty

ganesh_srini
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nihal

I tried doing so in NWBC >Setup >Superuser Assignment >Firefighter IDs.

I removed the old approver and changed it to new approver(replaced).

But after doing so,I am not able to find the specific entries in consolidated log report.

Those changes entiries wnet missing from log report.

Changed/removed data are not appearing in log reports as we have more than 500 such entries,it is very difficult to either changes all 500 or not finding them in log reports.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Ganesh S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Could you please implement below SAP note, it will solve your issue

2108258 - EAM 10.1, functionality of reassign button on FFID screen

24644 - Reassign should validate the current value at FFuser screen

Thanks

Amit Nanaware

Answers (0)