cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC consolidation in MDG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirment where to create & govern BPC GL's and its hierarchies in MDG 7.0.  Do we have any success story on this ?

Please let us know the approach to be followed. Should be consider Account / Acccdet / FRS / FRSI entity types or Leverage FSI & FSIH for this ?

I saw in documentation saying FSI & FSIH are more for BCS, can they be leveraged to BPC.  (Please note in BPC we have a lot of cutom attributes)

Appreciate your help on this.

Saran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saran

BCS / BPC in MDG works fine. You just have to configure it as per the config doc, Few things keep in mind -

1. Consolidation group account - its FSI and FSIH entity type. You must add it in GL edition

2. Create FSIH first and then assign FSI to it.

3. Replicate FSI first and then create GL accounts

4. Use SOA services as its the best way of replicating the accounts and I found it easy.

5. In the CR type for FS item, add hierarchy and group. Its like PC and CC hierarchy / group replication

6. You have to first add company in MDG or you get error

7. Make sure you create sub-assignments i.e your breakdown category too to avoid errors.

With the std config and keeping these things in mind, you can easily govern consolidation master data in MDG.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for reply.  I undrstand BPC GL accounts are same as FSI in MDG, so just wondering why do i need to create a GL again in MDG link it to FSI and then to FSH ?  Our intent is never to Push to ECC, or BCS. We do not have BCS.  We ony have to Govern the hierarchy of BPC.

Can we create new FSH and FSI in one CR and then approve the CR in shot and replicate ?

Yes SOA is the route we plan to go with.

for Consolidation accounts we only have FSI and FSH entity types right, what did you meant by Group ?

Thanks,

Saran.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saran

FS Item in consolidation is Group account in SAP ECC. You have to link the group account to the GL account. FSI entity type is your group account which will be replicated as FS Item in BCS and group account in ECC.

GL account is not linked to BCS or BPC directly. You have to create them in ECC for day to day operations. Each GL account is linked to your Group account - Check FS00 for GL and FSP0 for group account. The flow is -

1. Create FSI i.e your FS item in BCS / BPC - Replicate to BCS or BPC

2. Create  Group Account in MDG - this will replicate to ECC

3. Create GL account and link the group account to GL - this will create a GL account in ECC with link to group account.

Regarding your query on FSI and FSH - Yes you can do it. Use collective processing to assign the FSI to FSH. Create a separate CR type without single processing tick. Create a blank CR and then use collective processing for the assignment, Make sure you have created Breakdown category and Trading partners - Company in MDG first as its linked to FS item.

Kiran

Answers (0)