cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMSE upper limit exceeded alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the overall alerts profils screen, in the forecast tab, there is the alert <i><b>RMSE upper limit exceeded</b></i>.

I don't understand how this limit is defined? Can the user define it? If he can, how can he do that?

In the note 500051 they only said :

<i>ATID 0425: Upper limit of RMSE exceeded

Check of different error measures in univariate forecasting.</i>

Thanks by advance,

Regards,

Laurent B.

Message was edited by:

Laurent BOUDART

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto /sapapo/mc96b,

you define this in your univariate profile under Diagnosis group....

regards

uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Root of the Mean Square Error (RMSE) upper limit exceeded:

The system calculates the forecast errors by comparing the differences between the actual values and the ex-post values

you can set upper limits for the forecast error measurements, using the diagnostic group in the univariate forecast profile;

when the limit has been exceeded, the system issues an alert.

You can also select the forecast error measurements on the demand planning desktop, under the Errors tab of the Forecast view

you can find the definition and formula here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/ac/216b9b337b11d398290000e8a49608/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i don't define a diagnostic group in my univariate profile, I guess that there will not be RMSE alerts even if if checked the checkedbox in the forecast alert display screen.

I'm right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's correct. You get those alerts only when you define them i diagnosis group. If not the system just calculates RMSE and leaves it there. You see the RMSE values in your forecast errors screen after running a forecast model.