cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start to end process of Preventive maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru's, can any one provide me what is start to end process of preventive maintenance with example pls. best rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Transaction IP10 is responsible for manually scheduling the individual maintenance plans, whereas IP30 (Deadline monitoring) is responsible for scheduling as well as rescheduling a group of maintenance plans which falls under them. In IP30 you can create a variant and schedule a batch job for Program RISTRA20 for automatic scheduling of the maintenance plans that falls under the scope of your variant.

I hope you will get a much clearer picture, once you run through with these two transactions.

Please mention this as correct or helpful, if it answers your query.

Regards,

Joydeep..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Joydeep, you provide the helpful answer !! can you pls share one process with screen shot or send me if possible. Best Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I will suggest, you to search google, lot of materials related to Preventive maintenance are available there and still if you come across any issue. Kindly post it in the forum, so that your query can be answered.

Regards,

Joydeep..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Preventive Maintenance is a very common maintenance process, which is being practiced in almost all maintenance plants.

Preventive Maintenance Plans can be Single cycle, Strategy based or Counter Based

Preventive Maintenance Plans will always generate Planned Orders.

The Master data related to Preventive Maintenance are

1. Task List

2. Maintenance Items

3. Maintenance Plans

The Process starts with creation of Task list and assigning the proper strategy into task list and accordingly defining the maintenance packages against each operations assigned to the task list.

In the next step you create the maintenance items, where you assign the task list you have already created.Please note maintenance items can also be created from within the maintenance plan, but if you already have a maintenance item created, you just have to assign it to your Plan.

The next step is the creation of Maintenance Plan. In a single maintenance plan you can assign multiple relevant maintenance items and then save your plan, while saving system will give a popup asking for the Start date.

The next and the last step is the scheduling of the Maintenance Plan, scheduling is basically responsible for auto generation of preventive maintenance orders, this can be done in two ways, via IP10 Manual scheduling and via IP30 deadline monitoring.

Please Note: This is just an overview of the Preventive Maintenance Process and hope this will give you a basic idea about the process.

Regards,

Joydeep..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joydeep, thanks for your input i cant understand the last line which is maintenance plan scheduling, what is differentiate between ip10 & ip30 how to use this tcode pls clarify. Best Rajeev