cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction output

0 Kudos

Hello

I'm using MII 12.2

My question is about Transaction manager. In this tool it is possible to see three tabs: INFO, OUTPUT and LOG

INFO and LOG are very easy and useful, but OUTPUT is a mystery for me.

Is it possible to write in OUTPUT tab? Is there any action in transaction which produce a spool in this tab?

Thank you a lot

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

You cannot manually set values for 'OUTPUT'.

This tab displays the output of the transaction but for this to happen you have sent the following parameters in the Runner URL(for executing the transaction).

Persistence=Always

StoreTransactionOutput=true

In this case only MII will persist the output and the value would come on the OUTPUT tab of Transaction Manager screen.

Regards.

Rohit Negi.

0 Kudos

Hello

I tried what you suggested and it works.

Now my doubt is: I get the following result (standard post result)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><Rowsets DateCreated="2014-07-25T17:40:35" EndDate="2014-07-25T17:40:35" StartDate="2014-07-25T17:40:35" Version="12.2.5 Build(58)" TransactionID="4780760"><Messages><Message>TRANSACTION EXECUTED OK</Message></Messages></Rowsets>

Is there any way to store output tags of my transaction?

Thanks

Regards

Fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Do you mean that you want to get output parameters of the transaction?

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

0 Kudos

Yes, this could be useful

With your previous solution I can get just transaction execution OK or error string of STOP actions, and it is not so useful in my opinion.

To store all output parameters could be better.

Question two: just runner has parameter StoreTransactionOutput?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Fabio

0 Kudos

You can specify which output parameters you want to store in OutputParameter request parameter. The parameters names should be coma separated.

0 Kudos

Hello

Ok it works fine!!

I tryed to use comma separator (format , and &#44;) but it doesn't work. Solution: * returns all (not xml) output.

Note for everybody: with Dynamic_Transaction_Call action, the Persistence and StoreTransactionOutput tags are available also for MII internal calls

It was exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you a lot for the support to everybody

Regards

Fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Could you explain this little bit in detail:

"with Dynamic_Transaction_Call action, the Persistence and StoreTransactionOutput tags are available also for MII internal calls".

What do you mean by internal calls here?

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

I mean that "Runner URL" requires a POST/GET calls. My request was about a transaction call from another transaction of MII.

The available options are two:

- add a Web/Post_Http action with the complete link (with the parameters in the URL)

- add a Logic/Dynamic_Transaction_Call action (with the parameters availables)

It is not possible to use Logic/Transaction_Call action

Thanks

Regard

Fabio

Answers (0)