cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there changes that need to be done to the template?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on a Supplier Workplace application and attempting to print a delivery. A pdf file is generated in the same browser window. When I try pressing the back button in the browser, the system dumps with the message "An error message had been received from the Web AS. No template was

found for the basic screen of the error message (program: "SAPMSYST" scre

number: 40), and therefore the ITS service had to be terminated."

I understand there has been a session termination and that if the pdf were to open in a new window, it wouldnt cause problems. However if I wish to use the back button in the same browser window, is there something I could do to retain the session? Does it involve changes in application side or some parameters in the HTML template?

As far as I could understand, R/3 converts otf to pdf and sends it to ITS, but where and how is the pdf browser back button handled?

The system is a ECC 6.0 system that has an integrated ITS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

is ~generatedynpro = 1 in the parameter list.

that is required. and please do the same in sicf transaction as well.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish

However if I do set generatedynpro permanently wont it generate other templates as well whenever the service runs? For debugging it looks yes but as a permanent step would it be feasible?

Furthermore if I need to generate the PDF in a new window, what exactly would I need to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

generated dynpro checks if there exists a particular template in the theme for that screen if it exists then it used that template else it generates the template for that screen on its own.

it wont have any permanent problems as such.

if you want to generate pdf in a new window then i suggest you make changes at the application level u can call a pdf in the custom control.

pz11_pdf transaction could be of help.

Regards,

Manish