cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Standard Classification System Performance and Scalabillity Concern

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) We are planning to use SAP Standard Classification System to classify almost 40,000 custom objects. We will be defining new object type and classify the objects using 4 classes. Each Class will have almost 30 characteristics. Also, object count can increase by 10,000 each year.

With the above provided sizing details - We want to confirm if classification system can support it. We also want to ensure that data update and retrieval from classification system will be fast enough to support web applications (Web Dynpro ABAP).

Scenarios

filtering objects by one or more characteristic value

reading all characteristic values for an object

Assigning new object to one or more classes

updating characteristics value for existing object

2) Will it help if we set ‘Generated tables’ flag in classification config?

3) Also, we will appreciate if you can provide some guidance on archiving mechanism for classification information (AUSP and other classification transactional records).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot definitively answer your question, but I can tell you that we are classifying probably 80,000 to 100,000 objects it the same class with 60-70 characteristics and we have not had any performance problems using CL30N searches or single object data retrieval. 

I have no experience with WEB Dynpro, but we do access classification data via bapi and FM calls regularly from ABAP programs and external programs (C# and Visual Basic) without performance problems.  It works very well for us.