Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of MDG records to CRM

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All

Need guidance on following queries.

In our system, customers are replicated to CRM through PI. The integration is working fine. Now the requirement is to transfer some of the records from MDG to CRM. Need advice how to achieve this?

1. Get all the ship to accounts with an indicator into CRM via MDG - Don't want to update each record

2. All the inter company records to be transferred from MDG to CRM.

Can we do this using file upload and download or any other better way of doing this?

Please suggest the best practice and way out.

Thanks

Kiran

Waiting for the reply and guidance... Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All

Awaiting for reply....

Need guidance on following queries.

In our system, customers are replicated to CRM through PI. The integration is working fine. Now the requirement is to transfer some of the records from MDG to CRM. Need advice how to achieve this?

1. Get all the ship to accounts with an indicator into CRM via MDG - Don't want to update each record

2. All the inter company records to be transferred from MDG to CRM.

Can we do this using file upload and download or any other better way of doing this?

Please suggest the best practice and way out.

Thanks

Kiran

Waiting for the reply and guidance... Kiran

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah / Michael

Need your expert advice on this...

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran,

Based on what is mention above what I have understood that your want to send the data from MDG to CRM,corrrcet me if I am wrong.

If yes you have to through Replication techniques,provided in MDG.You can have filters in replication process.

further if you have the approval process you can replicate as soon as you got the Customer activated.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shankar

Thanks for your reply. Let me explain the issue again.

MDG is implemented for BP / Customers and its working fine. PI is used to transfer the data from MDG to CRM.

CRM is implemented after MDG implementation. Now we would like to move the BP with specific conditions to CRM.

I found 2 ways. Mass change and Data exchange. In mass change option, there are limited selection criteria as we want to transfer specific data. E.g records start with ABXXX like that or only ship-to with specific account group.

Another way is Data exchange - I never used it in MDG-C so not aware how it work. Replication (SOA) is already setup. With data exchange, I can specify the criteria but would like to know can I transfer the data directly to CRM with the SOA based replication model or do I need to configure separate model to transfer the data?

Is there any other way out apart from the above mention options?

Kiran

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran,

sorry for delay,I am not sure about the SOA as I did not tried it,but SAP has come of with some suggestions with depending how your are using the MDG.

1.Either you can replicated using the SOA.

2.you can set up ALE/IDOC but you need to do some additional set up in ECC to start with refer to the below link.

3.we are using the option of using BODS and information steward  to send the data.

4.we have many options of sending the data from ECC it has decided upon your requirment and also the amount of data.

due to time cosntraint I am not able to give you concrete reply.if  I get some thing I will get back to you