Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Failed Receiver Determination on empty file

I have seen suggestions matching the solution I have tried, but it is not working in my scenario.

The scenario is an empty CSV file inbound to 3 receivers.  In the standard receiver determination,  I created a context condition for the 'SAP system' receiver, which uses RFC adapter.  The condition is:  'Sourcefilesize not equal 0'.  For an empty file, the 'SAP system' receiver should not be selected because it has mapping to the RFC structure.   The other 2 receivers are SFTP and file, and the client requires they receive the empty input file.

I see the file size is captured in the dynamic configuration in the MONI:

namespace:  XI/System/File.....name="Sourcefilesize">0<SAP:record...

The error is: Problem while determining receivers using interface mapping:  Error while determining root tag of XML: BOM / charset detection failed.

The system is PI 7.1, the sender comm channel is Advantco with namespace override and content conversion.  I have tried using file type 'binary' and type 'text', with UTF-8 encoding - results in the same error either way.  

The file is coming from an external vendor - I do not believe they will make any changes to it, so hopefully this can be resolved in PI. 

All suggestions are appreciated.  Thank you.

Former Member
replied

>>>>I should have pasted the entire message.  When testing in the IB, it fails in receiver determination..

When you test it in IB, i don't think it'll have any value for dynamic constant(sourceFileSize) 

Also if you don't have multiple operation change it to "non-operation specific" and test end-end.

And i assume you changed the namespace under SFTP sender channel to   http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question