cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Event Builder Activation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We want to use the Aerospace and Defense functionality of Maintenance Event Builder. I understand that this is available as a part of standard software components provided by SAP from Enterprise version onward. However, I'm not sure as in a pristine client this function is available from which technical/software component and which switch is required to be activated for this in transaction SFW5. (ECC 6).

Also if you are aware, what are the impact of this activation on other SAP modules/components?

Please help.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

The MEB functionality is not available for standard R/3 Enterprise clients. It is true, the functionality was retrofitted into standard, but it is not activated there. As far as I know there are no plans to activate it there. I heard some rumors regarding activating it in ERP 2008, but I cannot confirm that. Currently, if you want to use the MEB functionality you have to have the DIMP switch active, otherwise an error occurs when running the corresponding transactions (WPS1/WPS2).

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Ferenc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ferenc.

I read some OSS notes which indicats that it is not possible to use other Industry Specific Solutions if DIMP is activated e.g. IS-U or IS-Oil etc. If that is true, do you think there are any other options to use the required functionality of MEB or even PM/PS reference element assignments (ADPMPS transaction).

Thanks again for your response.

Best regards

Neeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

There is currently no other way to activate MEB in standard. Regarding a possible activation in the future there is no clear statement yet made.

Regards,

Ferenc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ferenc.

I feel I've enough information to close this thread.

Many regards

Neeraj.

Answers (0)