cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it happening in SCN?? Whats wrong, seriously explain.

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

With high disregard it is to bring in to your notice that  the discussion of mine  "Mandatory fields in Bex Reporting"  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3592304 has been rejected by moderator even when this post was  made keeping all in accordance with  ROE.
I seriously want explanation on this from the SCN moderators on what basis and who take such steps  when all rules of engagement
have been  maintained.
,   and all other moderators please take a note on this.

P.S:
I want this discussion to be made visible as I have important  piece of information from SAP BW experts (, , )  here and in no way will I accept this rejection as i have always taken care of SCN ROE.

Regards,
Aparajit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would you agree that thethread you are refering to belongs to :

http://scn.sap.com/community/business-explorer

Rather then:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3592304

Regards,

Moshe

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear  Moshe,

Ohh so  that is the reason! Okay I do agree as you asked.
But atleast that if notified instead  of making the important information unavailable, cant it be moved to correct space??
Regards
Aparajit

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi,

I moved it and I will notify the relevant moderator.

Regards,

Moshe

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton 

Regards, Aparajit

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aparajit,

The question you have asked is very basic similar to some of your other threads. You can easily find this information with an easy search and some effort.

For Ex: Mandatory Variables

Details - Business Intelligence - SAP Library

Regards,

Pravender

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't touch your post, but generally speaking, I reject posts that are made in the wrong space. The reason is that when I moved documents (which takes just a little more effort than rejecting them), I'd frequently find the same person posting again and again in the wrong space. There's no incentive to do what's right - a moderator will kindly move it for them.

When I reject the post instead of moving it, the posters tend to take more care in future.

Think of it as a learning experience.

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mathew,
I understand your point. To brief  I will take care of the correctness of space now on before posting.
I hope you are not much troubled by this query of mine
Looking forward to learn and share.
Regards!!
Aparajit

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Kumar,

I will take a note of that. These seems basic as working on these areas for first time and I believe all seniors are here not only to deal with complex scenarios but also to help juniors  with  their queries even though it may look simple  which on contrary is a bit challenging for them. 
But thanks for the link!

Even though I try to do R&D  and post only if I dont get the required guidance. I have always found my seniors here to be patient and helping even if it is the pettiest question. Thats how it becomes more encouraging.
I hope to look forward to that.

Regards!

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I will take a note of that. These seems basic as working on these areas for first time and I believe all seniors are here not only to deal with complex scenarios but also to help juniors  with  their queries even though it may look simple  which on contrary is a bit challenging for them. 

I disagree. For example I'm not here to helps students, I'm here to help professionals who have professional responsibilities and customers with real life problems to be solved. If you are a junior, you should have a senior whose responsibility is to guide you through the basics, it's not my responsibility to do it.

Anyway, posting basic questions without searching is against the RoE, even if you are a student or a junior.

Finally your OP comes off as a great example of Entitlement. You demand! an explanation. Turn it down a notch..

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just adding one word

Anyway, posting basic questions without searching is against the RoE, even if you are a student or a junior or a senior.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I often wonder how some of these people would have survived in pre-widespread-internet days. I remember the joy of finding sapfans and getting answers to tricky questions. I also enjoyed sapfans rigorous moderation, where heavy irony and sarcasm chased away all but the most dim-witted, thick skinned leeches.

Before sapfans though, we had to either work things out for ourselves, or actually talk with our colleagues!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before sapfans though, we had to either work things out for ourselves, or actually talk with our colleagues!

....and that is probably the reason why we still have the deep knowledge.

I already see people who are asking the same question every other year, they do not anymore store what they learn, they just know the Internet is always around to help them. Must be kind of funny situation  if the boss wants an answer during a power outage.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think it's necessarily bad if you are talking about very specific knowledge. You can't expect people to memorize everything, and I don't think it was a good thing when people in the past wasted so much time trying to memorize things they would never use again in the future.

The problem is when they do this in simple situations with the most common information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPfans use the term Tuly Idiots

Must read "the last phrase" in above link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Them were the days...

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Must be kind of funny situation  if the boss wants an answer during a power outage.

Did you forget the smartphones, the tablets, the phablets? Even power outage cannot keep you disconnected

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I should have said EMP.

Btw,  my smartphone has more power outages than my ex-company in Connecticut during the summer time.

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

EMP, that's the word

Now-a-days we are more worried about the "solar" storm than an actual typhoon

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That has given me an idea...

Answers (0)