cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate PI 7.11 to PI 7.3 Dual Stack

0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I am trying to elaborate the measurement of the effort needed to migrate from PI 7.11 dual stack to PI 7.3 dual stack. Does anybody know if I have to take into account any special consideration or incompatibilities?

Thank you a lot.

Kind Regards,

Victoria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victoria,

Please refer the below doc

regards,

Harish

0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the info Harish.

Kind Regards,

Victoria

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Victoria,

you don't have to consider any special things, just the general ones when you migrate to 7.3. Check ccBPMs, this will be probably the main point to change. Do you migrate on one system or do you do a new installation? In the latter case you will have some more work with the SLD, configuration transport etc.

I have done this migration twice, and in both cases it was relatively smooth without much development effort and without major problems after migration.

Regards,

Jörg

0 Kudos

Hi Jörg,

I appreciate your quick response. I have never designed any ccBPMs because I began using PI 7.3 version with BPM, although I am working now with PI 7.11 and PI 7.3 environments, I don't know how to quantify the effort to adapt ccBPM scenarios into PI 7.3 scenario. How much time do you think that implies the ccBPM migration?

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Victoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Victoria,

this is impossible to quantify without further knowledge of the ccBPMs involved. Have a look at the ccBPMs to be migrated and check first whether they can be replaced or need to be migrated. For the ones to be migrated, see how much time it would take you to build them in BPM. They can vary greatly in size or complexity, so I don't think that there is a general rule for a good estimate.

If you still feel unsure about it, maybe look for some senior advice in your environment, someone to have a look at the ccBPMs and give you a good guess.

Good luck!

Jörg

0 Kudos

Hello Jörg,

Great! I am going to follow your advices.

Thank you a lot for your answer!

Victoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome, Victoria! And please don't take it as an offense to your seniority or knowledge. This is also what I would do myself, and it is never a shame to ask an experienced colleague for a second opinion.

Wish you a successful project,

Jörg