cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manager booking Training on behalf of Employee MSS-NWBC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all gurus,

I have a requirement like manager should be able to book training on behalf of the employee.

Now for the manager, if he gone to employee profile he can do following activities on behalf of the employee.

But there is nothing for a manager to book training for a employee. How can we achieve that.

More over in the employee profile, there is an option called upcoming training. But it is showing no data is available.

We are using PV7i for book training.

Please share your thoughts on this.

Regards,

Namsheed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In MSS role there are applications for assigning the Training courses for his subordinates.

MSS -> Team -> Employee Course Assignment

Manage Participation

Manage Mandatory Assignments

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You need to use Learning Solution are you using it also?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth,

What we using the T-code PV7i to book the training. And PV10 to create the training.

I am not using Learning Solution as of my understanding.

Please guide me how to do it properly in NWBC

Regards,

Namsheed

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

these T-code PV7I, PV10 are ECC side. not in portal.

If you want from portal, then you use the application as I explained in previous post for subordinates assigning/booking the courses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I am able to perform booking of employees through portal.

I got message in top left corner that training is successfully booked.

But how can I confirm whether all those booking are happened or not.

How the employees will get the information that their manager booked training for them..??

Please give me some clarification of the working of this application.

Regards,

Namsheed

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use ECC t-codes and did the booking for any employee events will be booked.

But there is no notification for employee.

For this you have to build workflow and link to BOOKEVENT for sending notification mail when ever event for employee.

This process we have done in ECC 6.0 EHP4

But your at EHP7, I am not sure there is any standard functionality released for this notifications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information.

What if we are not using ECC T-codes...& only depending on the application you told.

Employee Course Assignment

Manage Participation

Manage Mandatory Assignments

What is the standard procedure in this application.?

Thanks,

Namsheed.

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the activity which your doing in that t-codes as administrator,  it can be by manager for his subordinates using these two applications.

read more details at

Manage Participation - Manager Self-Service in SAP NetWeaver Business Client - SAP Library

Manage Mandatory Assignments - Manager Self-Service in SAP NetWeaver Business Client - SAP Library

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

we do send mails check configuration in table View:  V_LSOCRPCONTROL , T591C etc When LSO is active in the system, the FM listed for the entry should be "LSOEVENT_TRAINING_NOTIFICATION". Please go to view T779W and check the Function Module from HR_EVENT_TRAINING_NOTIFICATION to LSOEVENT_TRAINING_NOTIFICATION for record: Function Module LSOEVENT_TRAINING_NOTIFICATION. you may look in system configuration: ####spro>Training and Event Management>SAP Learning Solution>Training Management>Day to Day Activities>Correspondence>Request Based Correspondence>Correspondence Output>BAdi: Determine and check the course customisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth,

We are checking what you mentioned above for the training.

Will reply you if we find some difficulties.

Thanks & regards,

Namsheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth Rajora & Shankar Reddy Chamala,

Through MSS, Team, Manage mandatory assignemnts, I am able to select the desired number of employees and I amable to select the required course for all those people.

Finally and I getting a message that the activity is successfully completed.

But when I check in PV00, number of available seats is not reduced. its not reflecting in R/3. But I am not getting any error as well in NWBC.

And regarding sending mails to those selected employees, as siddharth told i opened the view V_LSOCRPCONTROL, There internet mail is already checked. But there is no mail triggering to employees also.

Do I want my abaper's to create a new workflow for this or can I achieve it without that..?

Warm Regards,

Namsheed.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

First of all have you activated LSO? You would be using all transactions typically with LSO_PV00? Note 1170324, Please note that switch HRLSO,,HRLSO,,X,,SAP Learning Solution On/Off should be marked as "X" in order to use LSO functionality. Also, please make the following configurations in table T77S0, SEMIN,,CCDCT,,LSO_PRICES,,Dialog Module Cost Maintenance for Bookings SEMIN,,COSTC,,LSOCOSTC,,Cost center of business event cost object SEMIN,,CCOST,,1,,Switch for Special Event Costs for Bookings Also, I would like to mention that if booking is done through LSO transactions, then, user should not use TEM transactions. If you want to use TEM than you should not use LSO. As working on both simultaneously TEM than you should not use LSO. As working on both simultaneously is not advisable and can cause such situations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth Rajora , Shankar Reddy Chamala

I have reached almost 90% of my target.

Now I am facing issue finally when I click on book the training for employees in Manager Participants.

Here, first I selected the required employees-> click on next -> then clickd on "Book new course for all".

Then selected the course. Then clicked on next.

I got the following screen.

Now after selecting the employee & clicked on book. I am getting an error page.

Like this :-

How can I solve this error.??

Regards,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Namsheed,

the above error won't explain much about the issue, can you please paste the ST22 dump error related to this issue.

Regards,

Mohsin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muhsin,

The below error am getting in ST22.

Do I want to send the complete texts..??

Regards,

Namsheed

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

from the error the variable  obj_booking is zero!! Please try checking customization, as some items are being passed as zero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth,

I haven't done any customizations having variable obj_booking is zero.

Can you give me a idea where the customization has to do..??

Regards,

Namsheed

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you debug in above method and see why it is zero?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Namsheed,

Please check whether all the Course or training details are filled before you book participant and i think the USER Role should be ADMIN.

The above error is saying that it doesn't get any booking details into it i.e., class reference has no data it is ZERO.

Regards,

Mohsin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohsin,

All the course & training details are filled correctly.

I am able to do booking from R/3. The seats are getting reduced as well.

Can you clarify what do you meant by USER Role should be admin.?

And what do you mean by class reference has no data, it is ZERO.  What can I do to slove it.?

Thanks,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Namsheed,

What is the t-code you are using to book from R/3.

I think the functionality will work for only with USERID who has ADMIN roles. When you login through portal you should login with ADMIN roles. Try by loggin with ADMIN Roles.

The dump error you got because the data for booking the participant is called through some class reference OBJ_BOOKING (Class- 'cl_lso_bo_coursebooking') and with method IF_LSO_BOOKABLE~BOOK_PARTICIPANTS.

What ever the data you have entered in portal it is taking but when it is checking for Participants it should have to get all the training and course details, but this is not happening I think because the internal code is checking for 'ADMIN' Roles and you are not getting data in to the class reference OBJ_BOOKING (Class- 'cl_lso_bo_coursebooking'). when the class reference is empty i.e., is ZERO then it will go to dump.

Regards,

Mohsin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohsin,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

In R/3 , I am using the tcode PSV1 to book for the training.

And what do you meant by Admin Roles.?

he s having standard ESS & MSS roles. Apart from that what roles do I want to give

Thanks,

Namsheed.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

it should lso_psv1, as I indicated earlier, You need to use LSO.check if you are able to use LSO_PSV1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth,

With tcode lso_psv1, I can choose the training first, select the employee & see the remaining slots for training, but when I click on book, its not getting booked.

Last time when you explained about this, it was too techincal for me. Am a newbie to SAP

So in NWBC also, I can reach till booking, when I click on book, I am getting error.

So now what I need to do.

I think I am almost near the solution.

Thanks a lot,

Namsheed.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Activate LSO first, read here step by step, You can get more information on help.sap.com it very detailed. First of all have you activated LSO? You would be using all transactions typically with LSO_PV00? Note 1170324, Please note that switch HRLSO,,HRLSO,,X,,SAP Learning Solution On/Off should be marked as "X" in order to use LSO functionality. Also, please make the following configurations in table T77S0, SEMIN,,CCDCT,,LSO_PRICES,,Dialog Module Cost Maintenance for Bookings SEMIN,,COSTC,,LSOCOSTC,,Cost center of business event cost object SEMIN,,CCOST,,1,,Switch for Special Event Costs for Bookings Also, I would like to mention that if booking is done through LSO transactions, then, user should not use TEM transactions. If you want to use TEM than you should not use LSO. As working on both simultaneously TEM than you should not use LSO. As working on both simultaneously is not advisable and can cause such situations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth,

I have done everything as you told. Still not lucky

When I checked in the system, LSO is already activated.

In table T77S0, I have done all 3 changes from the table.

Earlier In SEMIN CCDCT, Instead of LSO_PRICES it was HR_PRICES,

In  SEMIN CCOST, It was 0,

In SEMIN  COSTC, It was COSTC instead of LSOCOSTC.

After all these changes I have created a course with lso_pvct, then I  have created training course with period using T-Code LSO_PV10.

Then I tried to book with T-code LSO_PSV1. I can see the created course, but still unable to book the course. just blinking when I click on Book.

Now what can be missing..? What I need to do.?

Regards,

Namsheed.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

what error you get? Can you debug or trace using ST12? Please share the error on LSO_PSV1 http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/FAQ+in+LSO http://scn.sap.com/thread/3241335

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth,

We are in EHP7 and for ST12, I am getting error " Transaction ST12 has not been created". I think our basis team need to activate something based on note 69455.

I have tested in ST01 and I got the following error :

Can you advice me any other T-code for tracing single transaction.

Regards,

Namsheed.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you can use st05 and then try?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

In LSO_PSV1 , I am not getting any error.

but when I click on book, number of avail seats not getting reduced..no error is also showing.

In ST05, I have got so many errors : which one I should open.?

What all changes I need to make. LSO is showing activated also

Thanks,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

The issue is solved !

Problem was the number range was not properly maintained.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3543091

Thanks a lot,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

Good that it is resolved, Please close the thread.

Regards,

Mohsin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohsin,

Before closing I have 1 more requirement :

Now the manager can nominate the employee through NWBC & it is reflecting in R/3.

How can we automatically inform those employees via mail.

Is there any standard way for that.?

Thanks,

Namsheed

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Open a new thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thread is closed !!

Answers (0)