cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Invoice due to Quality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our organization, we want to Block Invoice, if GR Inspection is Pending or Rejected. This functionality seems to be a standard one, but struggling to get this thing work for me. In QM configuration, I have created a Control key for Invoice Block. In QM view of Material Master, I have activated "QM in Procurement" and used this Control Key (for Invoice Block). The invoicing and payment is not automated. Is anything missing here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since its QM-FI Integration, is there any setting in FI Cutomization? or Is there any Badi in MIRO or F-53 which I can implement?

Thanks & Regards

Anand B. Gaikwad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For Manual blockage based on QA, you need to take the help of an Fi concultant. he will give you the best suggestion during invoice where you put QA control. from QM side this is only the settings.

As far as if system won't allow you to post GR then definitely MIRO not happened.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I checked your requirement on my test server, use exit MM08R002. here what you will do if any non accepted value is found during rr agaisnt critical required MIC, or UD code is R then system wont allow you to post invoice.

Take technical help as per your business requirement.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I checked your requirement on my test server, use exit MM08R002. here what you will do if any non accepted value is found during rr agaisnt critical required MIC, or UD code is R then system wont allow you to post invoice.

Take technical help as per your business requirement.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs.

I have checked the settings for Control Key in Customizing. The "Message Mode" is already set for Error. The Performance Assistant (F1 help) for "Message Mode" quotes,

"In this list field, you define the type of message (information, warning, error)  issued by the system when the corresponding block is active. The block can either be set in the vendor master record, or in the quality information record".

I have already created Quality Info. Record. but Quality Info. Record doesn't have any function for Invoice Block.

I have not done any settings for Source Inspection in Quality Info. Record.

In Customization of Control Key there is no option for selection of Message Type.

I have created a new P.O and performed Goods Receipt. A GR Inspection Lot is generated.

Now when GR inspection is pending, we can create an Invoice and can also make payment, which is not expected.

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have ticked on BLOCK INOVICE in customizing under control key.

I mean to say just read the BLOCK INVOICE functionality, it states that you need to put the blocking reason. Then it works.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

All settings works w.r.t control keys when u set block invoice at PO level in delivery tab.

this setting you needs to be done after putting control key at MM - QM View. for block invoice.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to maintain the Blocking Reason in following transaction.

Here I don't see Message Type "E". Now, if I have to create a new Blocking Reason for an Invoice Block, can I create it here? If yes then what checkboxes need to be selected in above transaction?

Since, we are making Manual Payments, I though of selecting checkbox for "Manual Payment Blocks", but when I did "F1" for Performance Assistant. I got the following screen which says that it doesn't have any effect on any Incoming or Outgoing manual payments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You are trying in wrong place, just active that indicator in Purchase order. Delivery Tab. As i mentioned.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did set the "Invoice Block" in Delivery Tab in Purchase Order and Control Key (for Invoice Block) was set in QM View of Material Master before creating Purchase Order but while performing MIRO I got the following screen.

The system didn't block Invoice and payment was done successfully, which is not expected.

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anand Bhanudas Gaikwad,

Your GR is invoice based verification. Then only it will work.

Please check it also.

And you have to activate the Block Invoice functionality in Quality Info Record. There is also option in Vendor Master Record to Block Invoice.

By using this key you can only block payment.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already maintain the check for "GR based Invoice Verification" under Invoice Tab in P.O.

I don't want to block payment for a specific material or a vendor. I want to block payment if GR Inspection is Rejected or Pending.

Block Invoice Functionality is not available in Quality Info. Record. In Quality Info. Record following Block Functions are available.

The Block key in Vendor Master is applicable for all Materials and Plant.

Thanks & Regards

Anand B. Gaikwad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Friend,

Just apply Total block here, activate blocking reason in PO, and executes the flow.

My another suggesstion is please read the customizing manual for BLOCK INOVICE in QM in Procurement node. As i was already guided you in my previous thread.

As we said just set up the data correctly system will stops you during invoice as per rejection or data pending.

Regards

Former Member

Hi,

I have checked for the details of "Total Block" in Customizing. It doesn't cover Invoice Block (refer screenshot below).

I have also gone through the Customizing Manual for Invoice Block in Control Key for QM in Procurement. It only talks about Blocking of Automatic Payment of Invoices (refer screenshot below).

As I said earlier, I want to block manual payment of invoices, if GR Inspection is Rejected or Pending.

I have already assigned Control Key (for Invoice Block) in QM View of Material Master.

I have also set "Invoice Block" under Delivery Tab in Purchase Order. The Output is not as expected.

Thanks & Regards

Anand B. Gaikwad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another thing here i want to update results of Source inspection affect the GR processing. And if you created w/o source inspection then in QM in Procurement in  customization ur BLOCK INOVICE  should be active with Message "I".

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry with E type not with I type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Its ok you have maintained all settings. but also look into Info record and as suggest after applying control key create new PO and make proper setting against inspction type in INFO.Bcoz when u activating QM in Procurement then u need to also check setting in Q-INFO.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

You maintained everything ok. Could you please tell that inspection is pending or rejected for that GR or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

We are trying to do it specifically in case of GR Inspection. I have tested both the cases (Pending and Rejected) and none of them are working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What message did you maintained in QM control key?

You have to maintain message mode E defect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please create new Purchase order? I think it is not updated because of P.O. is old.

Create new P.O. or change the control key in existing P.O. and try.

and check below link.

http://scn.sap.com/message/7701354#7701354