Former Member
0 Kudos
Oracle Upgrade Java Stack not connecting with DB

Hi I have just performed the Oracle Upgrade on the Server from 10g to
11g and after the Upgrade the ABAP Stack has come up but the Java Stack
is not getting connecting with the DB.

When I try to connect to the Configtool it gives me the error that
check if the DB is running or not.

I have followed the following link on the SCN and changed the password for the SAPSR3DB user

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3447030

When I used the command entered here to change the password of the SAPSR3DB it changed but it did not let me use the

-s java -RDB option

i.e.

brconnect -u system/password -c -f chpass -o SAPSR3DB -p password -s java -RDB

I am not able to connect to the Configtool

I am doing this on the Dev server and then I have to perform this on
the Production Server
I am attaching the log file i.e. log_bootstrap

--------------------------------------------------------------

INFO: Loading tool launcher...
   INFO: [OS: HP-UX] [VM vendor: SAP AG] [VM version: 1.5.0_14] [VM type: SAP Java 64-Bit Server VM]
   INFO: Main class to start: "com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap"
   INFO: Loading 23 JAR files: [/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jce.jar, /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_ssl.jar, /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jsse.jar, /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/w3c_http.jar, /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_smime.jar, ./bootstrap/sap.com~tc~je~extramile.jar, ./bootstrap/sap.com~tc~je~bootstrap~impl.jar, ./bootstrap/sap.com~tc~sec~secstorefs~java~core.jar, ./bootstrap/sap.com~tc~logging~java~impl.jar, ./bootstrap/sap.com~tc~bl~opensql~implStandalone.jar, ./bootstrap/sap.com~tc~bl~offline_launcher~impl.jar, ./bootstrap/sap.com~tc~exception~impl.jar, ./bootstrap/sap.com~tc~bl~iqlib~impl.jar, ./bootstrap/sap.com~tc~bl~config~impl.jar, ./bootstrap/sap.com~tc~je~offlineconfiguration~impl.jar, ./bootstrap/sap.com~tc~je~flightrecorder.jar, ./bootstrap/sap.com~tc~je~cfs~container~standalone_impl.jar, ./bootstrap/sap.com~tc~bl~deploy~offline~impl.jar, ./bootstrap/jdbc.jar, ./bootstrap/jperflib.jar, ./bootstrap/sap.com~tc~sapxmltoolkit~sapxmltoolkit.jar, ./bootstrap/iaik_jce.jar, ./bootstrap/sap.com~tc~bl~jdsr~jdsr.jar]
   INFO: Start

* Configuring bootstrap...
      Found bootstrap properties file [/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/bootstrap.properties]
* Done for 471 ms

* Memory available to the bootstrap JVM: 2 GiB / 2863333376 bytes

-----[Bootstrap Module started]--------[Thu Jul 24 15:50:53 IST 2014]-------

+------------[Bootstrap synchronization activities information]-----------+
| Runtime Binaries: [X]        Native files: [X] Instance Properties: [X] |
|  Nodes Structure: [X] Cluster File System: [X]    Online bootstrap: [ ] |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+

None of the startup parameters passed: [-DSAPSTART=1, -DSAPSYSTEM=00, -DSAPSYSTEMNAME=<SID>, -DSAPMYNAME=mtspidev_<SID>_00, -DSAPPROFILE=/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_DVEBMGS00_mtspidev, -DFRFC_FALLBACK=ON, -DFRFC_FALLBACK_HOST=localhost] is known to the bootstrap. Activating the default mode - synchronize all (-all).
* Properties used for initialization: {element.resynch=detect, Logging properties = {log[defaultTrace]=FileLog, .logs=log[defaultTrace],log[consoleLog], log[defaultTrace].pattern=../../work/log_bootstrap.log, /.severity=Info, log[consoleLog].formatter=formatter[ConsoleFormatter], formatter[ConsoleFormatter]=TraceFormatter, log[consoleLog]=com.sap.engine.bootstrap.logging.BootstrapConsoleLog, log[defaultTrace].cnt=3, formatter[BootstrapFormatter]=TraceFormatter, log[defaultTrace].formatter=formatter[BootstrapFormatter], formatter[ConsoleFormatter].pattern=%m, log[defaultTrace].limit=5242880, .severity=Info, formatter[BootstrapFormatter].pattern=[%24d] %m}, debug=no, Watchdog properties = {watchdog.timeout=90000, watchdog.check_interval=2000}}
* Bootstrap initialized for 729 ms

* Watchdog [90000 ms] checking every [2000 ms] started.

* Initializing DB connection...
SecStoreFS object initialized.
setDefaultFilenames () called, filename = "/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.properties".
File version = "7.00.000.001", software version = "7.00.000.001".
setDefaultKeyFilename () called, filename = "/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.key".
Check record okay.
Existing store opened.
Entering setDefaultsFromProperties()
com.sap.sql.trace.j2ee.cnt is 10
com.sap.sql.trace.j2ee.limit is 10000000
Exiting setDefaultsFromProperties()
Component: [internal/unkown] of type [unkown]
com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database connection initialization failed. Check if the database is running and the database properties.
        at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.<init>(Synchronizer.java:114)
        at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initializeSynchronizer(Bootstrap.java:74)
        at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:229)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
        at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:156)
----------==[ Caused by: ]==----------
com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while connecting to DB.
        at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:432)
        at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.<init>(DBConnectionPool.java:178)
        at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceHandler.<init>(PersistenceHandler.java:48)
        at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.<init>(ConfigurationCache.java:127)
        at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.init(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:262)
        at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.<init>(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:39)
        at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.HelperImpl.getConfigurationHandlerFactory(HelperImpl.java:38)
        at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.<init>(Synchronizer.java:111)
        at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initializeSynchronizer(Bootstrap.java:74)
        at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:229)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
        at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:156)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:331)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:283)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:278)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.receiveOauth(T4CTTIoauthenticate.java:790)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:362)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:420)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:165)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:35)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:801)
        at com.sap.sql.connect.factory.DriverPooledConnectionFactory.createVendorConnection(DriverPooledConnectionFactory.java:50)
        at com.sap.sql.connect.factory.DriverPooledConnectionFactory.getPooledConnection(DriverPooledConnectionFactory.java:37)
        at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DBDataSourceImpl.createPooledConnection(DBDataSourceImpl.java:674)
        at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DBDataSourceImpl.newPooledConnection(DBDataSourceImpl.java:624)
        at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DBDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(DBDataSourceImpl.java:164)
        at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:208)
        at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:376)
        ... 14 more

[Bootstrap]> Problem occurred while performing synchronization. For more details see the logs above.

-------------------------------------------------

Help is appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aps,

-After changing the password of SAPSR3DB by the help of below command

, did you try to maintain the same password  in secure storage of configtool.

- Also try to logon to oracle with the SAPSR3DB

sqlplus /nolog

sql> connect SAPSR3DB/<password>

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

I tried logging in with SAPSR3DB with sqlplus and got connected

SQL> connect SAPSR3DB

Enter password:

Connected.

But the command:

-s -java -RDB does not work  so I used

brconnect -u system/password -c -f chpass -o SAPSR3DB -p password

and changed the password but I did not change the secure store as I cannot connect with the configtool

THanks

APS

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you connect by giving locations of required files in config tool manually rather than going directly.

Share the screenshot.

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

I am not able to understand what you mean by this 

"Can you connect by giving locations of required files in config tool manually rather than going directly"

Thanks

APS

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Start configtool, then click  “No” and enter the following information:

Secure Store File – contains the path to the secure store properties file. This file contains secure data for connecting to the database or Visual Administrator. It is encrypted for security reasons.

Secure Store Key File – contains the path to the secure store key file. The key file contains the password for the encrypted store file.

System Name – displays the name of the system to which this data applies.

Secure Store Lib – contains the path to the IAIK package. It enables the encrypting of the properties file.

RDBMS Connections – contains a property key of which the value contains the DB connection settings.

RDBMS Driver Location – contains the path to the RDBMS driver

RDBMS Initial Connections

RDBMS Maximum Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

The Entries are showing as they should on the conigtool when I select "NO" early on

But I fail to understand how can I connect on o the configtool via that as the eerror that I am getting on the log_bootstrap.log is invliad username and password.

I have changed the password using brconnect

I need to connect to the configtool so I can change it in the secure store.

Thanks

APS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

Connected to the secure store by selecting NO option now I see the option of changing the password for the SAPSR3DB,

I changed the password using the following command

brconnect -u system/Manager123 -f chpass -o SAPSR3DB -p sap

which means that the password for the user SAPSR3DB = 'sap' right ?, just confirming it with you folks .

Thanks

APS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

I see the screen of "Connection Pools" here I have to chage the password to "sap" right?

Application is running right now, do I need to shut down the application or just keep the application running.

Help is appreciated

Thanks

APS

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

es, what comes after -p is password.

Ones all is done, you can restart your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Divyanshu,

Thanks man problem resolved

Thanks for your help

Regrards,

APS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am now able to connect the JAVA Stack with the DB as the SAP MMC and the following command gives all green with the sapcontrol, but some how I am not able to connect with the configtool

When I select the option of connect with the DB it tells me that the

Error When scanning the DB

Error while connecting with the DB

and then when I press OK on that window another window opens with the following message:

Error occured while loading the secure store

Msg: File "/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/security/data/secstore.properties" does not exist although it should

When I went to the particular location the file is present

Help is appreciated

Thanks

APS

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please attach configtools property file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

Yes do I have the config.properties file and here are the contents of the file asked by you:

--------------------------------

more config.properties

#Connection properties for Config Tool, generated by Batch Install.

#Sat Mar 06 22:12:58 IST 2010

rdbms.maximum_connections=5

system.name=<SID>

secstorefs.keyfile=/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.key

secstorefs.secfile=/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.properties

secstorefs.lib=/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/security/lib

rdbms.driverLocation=/oracle/client/11x_64/instantclient/ojdbc14.jar

rdbms.connection=jdbc/pool/<SID>

rdbms.initial_connections=1

----------------------------------------------

Regards,

APS

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

goto:

/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/security/data/

share the screenshot.

Also check for the permission and spelling.

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

Following is the output of the file in the path /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/security/data

-------------------

cd /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/security/data/

total 56

-rw-r--r--   1 <SID>adm     sapsys          31 Jul 18 14:17 JUpgrade.key

-rw-r--r--   1 <SID>adm     sapsys         195 Jul 18 14:17 JUpgrade.properties

-rw-r--r--   1 <SID>adm     sapsys          46 May  8 18:51 SecStore.key

-rw-r--r--   1 <SID>adm     sapsys         446 Jul 24 18:04 SecStore.properties

-rw-r--r--   1 root       sys           3915 Nov  6  2012 class_prefetch.lst

-rw-r--r--   1 <SID>adm     sapsys         119 Mar  6  2010 icmauth.txt

-rwxrwxrwx   1 <SID>adm     sapsys          48 Apr 18 13:46 keyfile.txt

-rw-r--r--   1 <SID>adm     sapsys       17874 Jul 24 12:38 trans.log

--------------------------------

Regards,

APS

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

change the permission:

chmod 0744 SecStore.properties

chmod 0744 SecStore.key

And try again.

If this not works,  Please give me the full "screenshot" of error.

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

Did a comparison of the permissions from the Prod server and the changed the mode to 755

solve the problem logged into the configtool

thanks man

much appreciated for the effort

thanks

APS