cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Business 2.1 Drag and Drop Limitations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I have quite a specific question for a use case analysis.

Use Case:

-> Visual Business Map as Planning Tool

I am now working on a prototype and as far everything works fine for displaying.

However, currently I am trying the drag and drop functionality and I have the feeling that there are some limitations.

1. Is it possible to drop a spot on a link?

-> My feeling that it is not possible. I have not achieved it. No event was raised. In other direction (link on spot) is working.

2. Is is possible to drop multiple spots (after lasso-selection) on another spot

-> My feeling that is also not possible. The internal structures would support it, however the VB UI provides only 1 drop_source_guid.

Probably this is due to the reason that after a lasso selection, I need to select one spot for starting drag and drop event.

If this limitation are true: Is it maybe somehow possible that such fucntions will come in future?

I was also searching for some documentation, however I have not found it. In case these use cases are described somewhere else, I apoligize and would appreciate a link to these documents.

Thanks a lot.

BR

Rajiv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ralf_rath
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

to your questions:

1. should be possible - you can drag and drop every object to every object it depends only what you define as a drag source and a drop target.

2. this is at the moment not possible but we have this on our agenda.

We haven't much documentation - sorry for this - but the team is preparing it and hopefully we have miore documentation in the near future.

Best regards

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

thanks for fast response.

I have only one additional question to 1). I am using the Visual Business basic classes for FPM (from the Suite) which I have redefined.

e.g.

CL_VBI_SERVICE_PROVIDER

CL_FPM_VBI_GEOMAP_APPLICATION

CL_VBI_CONTROL_ADAPTER_GEO

and the FPM component for VB FPM_VIZBIZ

And there I have not touched the drag and drop action itself (to be honest I do not know how to do this). I am more reacting in the delegate. However, I have not achieved to trigger the event, if I try to drop a spot on a link. I hope it is a user error. So you have achieved it? 

From your answer I have a feeling that there a way to influence the drag and drop properties (like in regular FPM)? Maybe I am missing a step. Is someting special in Feeder required?

-----------------------------

2. Thanks. This is very crucial function. I am looking forward to it. This would inrease the user experience.

I am also looking forward for more documentation. Currently, it is more like try-hope-error-ah 😉

Thanks.

Rajiv

PS: Maybe I more idea from the user perspective. If I switch to lasso selection and performs a selection, then lasso is still on. In planning scenarios usually the drag a and drop would now occure.

For drag and drop I would require to switch to selection back and this takes time.

Maybe a hotkey (Lasso on/off) would reduce this time incredibly and a planning scenario becomes more fluent.

ralf_rath
Explorer
0 Kudos

no special things are required. normally you can drag a spot (or line) on a line or another spot.

The application gets an event and then can allow this drag operation or not. Therefore it depends on your implementation of your event handler if this is possible. There the application can filter different types e.g. truck drop on customer is allowed but not parking space on customer.

I think you know the samples - in the SAPGUI application VBI_GUI_TEST we added drag and drop - you see the drop events in the status bar.

In this document a rough overview is given http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-54650

Please open a ticket if you still experience the problems.

I also published a document about the keyboard usage:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-56833

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thank a lot.

The document with keyboard shotcuts I missed somehow.

About the drop event, I will try it again. I hope I get now the event triggered 🙂

BR

Rajiv

ralf_rath
Explorer
0 Kudos

no problem. I created the document because of your questions - you couldn't  miss it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In German I would say: "Das nenne ich Service" 🙂

Thanks.

Answers (0)