Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR not getting created during 261 movt. type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Our client Requirement is as below:

When we Issue goods to Production order though 261 movement type (Using MIGO ), TR and TO should be created automatically.

TO confirmation should be done manually.

During the TO confirmation, the IM level stock should get dropped. (If we don't use WM, the stock is getting dropped immediately after 261)

I tried to simulate the same and did settings for WM-PP interface based on the below thread:

Still i am not getting the TR during Goods issue to production order. (261 mvt type).

Please help me to find what is missing in my config?

Thanks

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen L and Joao

Thanks for your replies.

I understand the stock during 261 getting dropped immediately after posting. Is there any way to do it in two steps. i mean first Park the document , then Actual Posting happens.

Because our actual requirement is to do interface between SAP and a Non-SAP system during Goods Issue to production order.

we could not do the interface based on the Goods issue (261) Material document, because the Goods issue happens first in Non-SAP system and then in SAP. But the requirement trigger should go from SAP.

1. Goods issue quantity from SAP to be communicated to Non-SAP system.

2. Non-SAP system issues the goods and gives the confirmation

3. Confirmation from non-SAP system received, Now SAP does the actual posting of 261 mvt type.

we were trying to do it with the help of WM, by creating TR and TO then TO confirmation. But still it doesn't work because the stock dropped immediately after 261 posting.

Please give some guidelines how to proceed on this requirement.

Thanks again for your inputs.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your scenario is a bit weird, you have WM but the goods issue is managed in a non-SAP system?

Why do you have SAP WM for a non-SAP managed location?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joao

We try to use WM for triggering the interface to Non-SAP system through TR & TO.

1. The TR will give the information about Required components with quantity to the Non SAP system.

2. We will get the Goods issue confirmation from Non-SAP to SAP.

3. then SAP shd. trigger the 261 goods issue.

Thanks.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wouldn't a Decentralized Warehouse setup be more appropriate in your situation?

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your warehouse HU-Managed?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First you need to understand that there are different scenarios for the PP interface.

You can stage prior to a goods issue, which I consider as normal, since you have to move the goods physically to production before they can consume it.

And alternative you can post the goods issue first, which will then trigger a TR which has to be converted into a TO, manually or automatically.

Follow the docu: Posting a Goods Issue for Material Usage - Warehouse Management Guide - SAP Library

The Stock in IM will always drop with the 261 movement directly, unless something is wrong and your movement is waiting for a fix in transaction COGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My suggestion i have done like this:-

1. In Material master Warehouse magmt 1 maintain in Special movement  as "A"(background).

2.In-->Warehouse Management-->Interfaces--->Inventory Management--->Define Movement Types--->LE-WM Interface to Inventory Management maintain has below image

for ur warehouse number you maintain it like this

now do GI and confirmation and Check it your WM stock gets dropped.

Regards

shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva

Thanks for your quick response.

i already maintained the setting 2 as you suggested.

But Not sure whether it is mandatory to maintain the "special movement" in "Warehouse Mgmt view 1".

Please suggest.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is mandatory to maintain the "special movement" in "Warehouse Mgmt view 1". if you don't maintain then background run will not happen for TO.

Regards

shiva