cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE-FX postings without Rental objects / Contracts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I have one issue, I want your views and side effects if do the postings like below in lease in process:

1. Periodic posting through RERAPP (Provision booking) - It will be against RE Object ( There are 100 contracts..100 documents)

2. Invoice booking against Costcentre as single amount instead of RE Object ( Single line item against expense account, single line item against vendor and tax line items)

I knew that this will impact all the standard reports, other than this what are all the side effects.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andre_nakratzas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I really depends what the reporting requirements are. If the customer expects to be able to report expenses per contract than you won't be able to do this. Potentially you could have additional expenses outside of the standard contractual amount for additional activities (e.g. repairs, settlements, etc.). These expenses will all go directly against the cost centre and cannot be related back to the relevant contract.

Which brings to mind the next question. Why do you post against RE object in the first place? You can use the simplified posting directly against the cost centre for the provision so that way at least you'll have all the information (provision + expenses) visible on the cost centre.

Regards, Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your reply. Our customer consists of nearly 5000 contracts per one vendor. While booking the invoice we are not able to accomodate all postings against 5000 contract in one invoice document because of 999 limitation, hence we developed to book multiple documents for each vendor invoice.

Now customer asking to book single invoice with consolidated amount 5000 contracts instead of 5000 line items.

Is there any way in Finance to summarize multiple vendor invoices in Accounts Payable?

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra

andre_nakratzas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

You can still post one line on the vendor account for the full amount using your upload program. Since you are dealing with the 999 limitation you only need an offsetting entry in the documents, similar to the way HR makes the postings. This allows you to post the expense lines with a reference to the contract nr (VERTN) and assignment to the cost centre.

If you use RERAPP also to post against the cost centre this would allow you to report per contract and cost centre to see your expenses and provision together.

The summarization wouldn't work in FI since you are making the posting directly in FI instead using RE which has summarization functionality. FI-CA would allow you to summarize but that would be a big change. Understandable that you don't want 5000 lines on your vendor account even though the payment program would summarize these in one payment amount.

I don't think you have many options here.

Answers (0)