cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

marking fields as mandatory in VF01 transaction

0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Please refer to the below screen shot - we are posting the final billing to customer in SAP (post outbound delivery).

Here we use the available fields under Foreign Trade/Customs tab - to mention details of shipping line & vessel name (it is fetched on output form).

My question is can these fields be marked as mandatory, as many times users tend to miss filling these fields.

The fields we want to mark as mandatory are "Transport-Departure" under Handling tab;

"Office of Exit" & "Export customs off." under Geography tab;

"Description" under Comments tab;

Kindly advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of trying to set the fields as mandatory via user exit for billing, better try with incompletion log for sale order and delivery.  You cannot set incompletion log for billing.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

hi,

You can also achieve your requirement through transaction variant for vf01.

Tcode for transaction variant is shd0.

regards

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can maintain incompletion log for foreign trade data.
See the SAP note 173411.

Best regards,
Ivano.

0 Kudos

Hi Ivano,

Unable to see the note, the link does not open.

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did you try opening the note in SAP Service portal by searching for that note number? I hope you do have the log on details to see notes.

0 Kudos

Hi Ravin,

Can you please guide me with the SAP Service Portal - I'm unable to do so.

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Anusha,

Please do search the forum about notes as SAP notes is the support backbone provided by SAP itself to all its customers. You need to contact your basis team to get an S-ID. Check the links below, They should help you out

Thanks,
Ravin

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your requirement you need to make mandatory for some data corresponding to Foreign trade/Customs data in Billing Transaction

It is possible if you recheck the Foreign Trade/Customs data functionality of Sales .

Check for incompletenes schemas for Foreign Trade data and customize according to your requirement.

Check and revert for clarifications.

Regards,

S.R.K

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I would think that the For Trade/ Customs data would typically flow from the corresponding delivery. As suggested above, the best way to ensure that it is entered in the Billing document is to Systematically ensure that it is entered at the delivery level using the incompletion log technique or it could also be done by a training process to the user.

Thanks,
Ravin

0 Kudos

Thanks for the input Ravin.

I presume we need to set the copy control feature as "ON" for Foreign Trade/Customs from Outbound Delivery (VL01N) to Billing (VF01)

So as to ensure the data entered in Delivery (as suggested by you) gets copied to Billing part.

Regards,

Anusha