cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project settlement to COPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Could you please demonstrate me the steps to carry out the settlement of project to COPA ? How can I make cost of my overhead expenditures hit to COPA while settlement.?

Please suggest.?

Thanks,

Yogesh Kanitkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

It is very difficult to demonstrate you step by step. But yes, you need to keep few things ready in your configuration.

Execute OKO7 (Settlement Profile). Out of 13 valid receivers, just change the drop down of "Profit. Segment" to either to Settlement Optional or Required. Also change the default object type to PSG (Profitably Segment). Have a look at following screen shot.

This setting will directly link PS and COPA.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for providing this information. I will surely do this configuration but I want to ask how to proceed with settlement and how to do it. Will it gonna be same as we do from WBS to any other receivers?

Thanks,

Yogesh Kanitkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, will be same as other WBS settlement you do. Just to maintain PSG as settlement receiver in settlement rule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

I believe that you have only one WBS at Level 1. If yes, then settle the project to PSG (Profitably Segment) to level 1 WBS and all WBS's elements other than Level 1 must be settled to its immediate prefix WBS Element within the organisation structure.

Try this scenario and also discuss the same with your FI/CO consultant.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Surely, I will try this scenario and get back to you with my results. Could you please tell me the last thing that how can I make my overhead expenses hit to COPA while settlement.? Actually, why I am asking is because I have recently joined my new company and previous PS consultant has left this company and he already did the settlement and I am in process to re generate the same on my own.?

I would also like to inform you that few of the projects has already been settled to COPA but users are demanding that overhead expenses are not coming through COPA settlement.?

Please advice.?

Thanks,

Yogesh Kanitkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you see all your cost bifurcation in report S_ALR_87013543.? Just double click on the actual amount and again double click on project actual cost line items

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

There is no cost bifurcation over there.

Thanks,

Yogesh Kanitkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

I could not go beyond this. I googled your scenario again and found one link. Not sure, if it is helpful for you.

WBS settlement to COPA - only some Value Fields are getting values - Toolbox for IT Groups

Else, you may wait for others expert to comment on this.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Dont know how, but it worked for me.

Thanks again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search the forum before posting. Many links are available on it in the forum:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I appreciate your prompt reply and I already did my homework before putting up this question and I did read all the threads but not getting the result that I wanted. I am sorry friend, but I think your advise is correct on those situations where other person is sitting on expert mode. But here, I am trying to learn the things and SCN provides the platform for people like us too. On a very positive note, I seriously do not know how to do begin with or how to do it.?

I am again sorry, I cannot mark this as helpful answer or correct answer.

Thanks,

Yogesh Kanitkar

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

I understand your point and there is nothing to be sorry . We all go through it at some phase of time.

Your query looked basic to me at a glance so I just asked you to search on it(either in PS or in Controlling forum).All community members have right to ask and post suggestions within the boundary of SCN RoE. Please refrain from mentioning about points,we all are happy to share knowledge and we make efforts to learn and to share it and points are just the outcomes of it. We expect all community members to close their discussion threads if it is answered or close it if they get correct answers for it later on.

Now, coming to your query , as you said that few projects have already been settled to COPA but overhead expenses are yet to be settled to it. How you are doing the assessment of overhead costs on your projects? I believe you might have defined few cost elements for its assessment.Check whether these cost elements are part of(included) in your settlement cycle or not (source structure).

Cutting it short, If your projects have 'direct costs' and 'overhead costs' then in order to fully settle your cost ,you need to create source structure with two source assignments:

1. Direct cost elements

2.Overhead cost elements

Above are just few pointers which you can discuss with you CO guy and let us know the outcome of it .

Thanks.

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Yes, we have defined few cost elements for both the cases. (Direct and Indirect cost). Indirect cost(Overhead Expenditures) are being booked through JV by using its unique GL. Source structure have already been defined and it is not in our scope to change the same. However, It is same as the way you have suggested . I have checked it too.

Anyhow, the problem is solved by the link provided by Amit Rajoria. Really worked by removing RA key field from WBS elements.

Lastly, I should really be sorry for being so harsh with my words. In such a fist, I really forgot that you approached me for my help only.

Anyways, thanks for providing your valuable input and time.

Thanks,

Yogesh.