cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC PC 10 - CLM vs MDUG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are in the process of synchronizing our org hierarchy in our PC 10 environments and had a question about CLM and MDUG. My colleague mentioned that SAP now recommends using MDUG over CLM.

Does anyone know of the pros and cons to using CLM or MDUG? Is there a preferred method?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stacey,

MDUG can be used for initial and "addon" data loads in individual systems whereas CLM is then used to manage and synchronize the Master Data structure across systems.  When we met with SAP last fall they told us to stay away from CLM.  I didn't ask why but I'm guessing it might not be supported in the future.  My understanding is that they are trying to pack some of the CLM functionality into future releases of MDUG. 

I haven't used CLM so I can't tell you how well it works.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Please look at SAP's official stand on MDUG vs CLM and their own view.

The contents are self-explanatory.

Cheers!!!

Snehal Pandya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stacy

In fact its the other way around. MDUG was developed way back in PC 3.0 and carried forward into PC 10.0. However, with CLM being delivered, SAP recommends CLM as being a structured solution of managing master data replication. If you refer the CLM guide, page 4, it lists all the master data elements being managed or not being able to be managed through CLM.

Hope this helps.

Snehal Pandya