cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Particular Z* report hangs CI when runs there but not APP servers when run on them

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Before posting this question, I would like request all that please don't advise to contact functional team as I know below issue is functional and it was resolved by applying some snote. However, from Basis perspective I found below situation very strange and hence looking your suggestion from basis front only. Thanks in advance!!

Whenever the report “Z runs on application servers the job runs for 10 seconds and terminates with a memory dump and the application this was executed on does not seem to have any performance impact. But when the same report is executed on CI it generates the same memory dump but the report runs for over 1000 seconds, hangs the CI from both SAP level and OS level, hangs all our putty session and SAP sessions and paging disks reach 100% utilization. Need you help to understand why report behaves this way only on the CI and causes it to almost crash but on the application server.

It throws SYSTEM_NO_ROLL dump in every execution.

Also, found difference in terms of the few memory parameters set in CI and application server.

Parameters

app server

CI

ztta/roll_area

ztta/roll_extension

abap/heap_area_total

abap/heap_area_dia

abap/heap_area_nondia

em/initial_size_MB

abap/heaplimit

Any suggestion on what could be the reason for this strange behavior of CI when compared to other application server when same work is performed on both?

Regards,

NK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Can you please run the sappfpar check on the Instance Profile of DBCI and let me know if you see any errors .

Also can you open the dump and check what all was consumed in terms of memory before it dumped.

Please put this information.

HG

Former Member
0 Kudos

There isn't any error with CI profile for sappfpar check.

Regards

NK

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

During the off peak time you can enable the trace by using the transaction code ST12, check the over all ABAP & DB usage. with help of ABAPer fine tune the Z reports

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

Issues has been resolved by developers by applying relevant snote. However, my concern is to know why behavior of running same report is different on APP and CI server (as mentioned in the intial post)?

Thanks

NK

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Where is the dump ?

What about Kernel, OS, DB etcs.

May be it can answer your query bit easily.

Divyanshu