cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WORK MANAGER 6.1 - Connect Test

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts , I try execute connectTest.bat before install SAP WORK MANAGER (SAPWorkMgr610Deployment.exe) in my PC .

But I have an error that appears in the picture below

Please I stay your help for this case . And grateful if they had a guide for the installation of this component.

Regards.

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was an issue with the connect test it is resolved with SAP note: 2042566 - Patch to correct connectTest.bat Java Exception under Work Manager 6.1, Inventory Manager 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen , please tell me what is the next step for transport APP WorkManager into SMP 3.0

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manju , gregor thanks for your quick response .

The scenario I have is as follows :

- SMP 3.0 server

- SMP 3.0 SDK

- Components in ERP with work SAP WORK MANAGER 6.1

- ISU

- SMERP

- SMFND

- connectTest.bat successfully with Stephen's note 2042566 .

and Eclipse Juno with Agentry Plug in and APP SAP WORK MANAGER

What's the next step for thath app SAP WORK MANAGER works with SMP 3.0 ?

There is some guide?

Thanks

Jaime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime,

There is no guide that I could find, the installation guide seemed to stop abruptly after importing the project into Eclipse.

The procedure is actually pretty straightforward (for Agentry that is) once you know the steps.

The next steps would be:

-Deploy from Eclipse to a Production of Dev version. You might need to copy the Agentry.ini somewhere I think.

-Zip up the deployed application

-Create a SMP 3.0 app in SMP Admin with "No Auth" security profile.

-Upload the Zipped app to the new app config in SMP Admin

-Restart SMP server

-Install the cert from SMP server on your device if you are using self signed cert

Hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor ,

I stopped in Step 1 . This file Angentry.ini , where I get this file , you have some example.

On the other hand if I have what is JavaBE.ini. keep in mind that the connection is successful the connectTest.bat

Regards

Jaime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jaime,

As you have different question then what the thread was opened for, please open a new thread for your question.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please gregor , please look at this link and if you can answer me on file Agentry.ini

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Agentry.ini file will be created in your SMP folder I believe, I think mine was in C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application.

I copied that to the folder where I unzipped the WM application and deployed to that.

You don't need to touch the JavaBE.ini file.

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gregor ,

thank you very much for answering my questions,

I'll show like this that folder on my server,

you think you'd have the image of your SMP server and How Agentry.ini file as generated?

Regards

Jaime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime,

I think the Agentry.ini file gets created after you run the installer for the Work Manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor ,

what is the installer work manager ? I run it on my SMP server ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you  created the Agentry application configuration in SMP Admin webpage?

Maybe that's what creates the Agentry.ini file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you copied the file SAPWM-6.1.0.0.zip somewhere (e.g the desktop) and unzipped it? I think that's actually where the Agentry.ini file is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

WHen you create the Agentry application in the SMP Cockpit, a new folder called com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application.  This is the location the Agentry.ini will be that you will point the SAPWM installer to.  Then you will take the zip folder and deploy it to the SMP server Agentry Application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't create application in Admin Webpage . on the other hand , I have decompressed

this file SAPWM-6.1.0.0.zip .

This I have loaded the application to eclipse. So I wonder what's next then.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen , Thanks for you response .

But your answer resembles the mind given above.

I need a step response or How Do.

Regards Jaime

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Go into the Managerment cockpit,

2) Create a new Application with the Type of Agentry.

3) Use the Exe and point it to the location I stated above

4) There will be a Zip file with the application within the folder now load that on the App Settings publish files on the last tab of the Application settings.

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I don't think you  can use connectTest.bat  without installing SAPWorkMgr610Deployment.exe.  Simply b,cos  connectTest.bat needs reference jar's that comes with the product including SAP JCO libraries to  establish connection to SAP system.  More  over it  reference JaveBE.ini  file for SAP user id and pwd to connect to SAP.

Thanks

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps we need a test program to test if the test program is working? 🙂